Golf Course Hotel
  • Breakfast included
$169
$130
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

$163
$156
$56
$49
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $56/night.

$163
$103
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $116/night.

All reviewsrevolving restaurantfacing roomwalk in closetspur restaurantbig bathroomgarden city mallthe central business districtbreakfast is servedpool gymhotel of choicebusiness triphotel is locatedshower waterinternet speedsitting arealocation is greatvery nice stay
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Arrived early evening in a group of three and was upgraded to one of the villas on the fifth floor which was a welcome surprise. Very spacious villa with 3 rooms but a musty, damp smell. Was frustrated over three days with the lack of wireless internet connectivity after being told by the IT manager that the problems would be solved. After three nights, 2 of my friends left and I moved to a normal room which was excellent although the wireless still did not work. The hotel is in an excellent location downtown and the breakfast is very good. Ugandan staff were generally very helpful except some at reception who need to relearn some customer service etiquette. With improved attention to detail in the area of customer service at reception and the wireless internet this hotel could be much better.

Room Tip: Rooms on the golf course side are quieter
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is OK but it's not pretty new...

Perhaps an update could change its classical image!

The rooms are big enough but the twin beds are pretty small if you’re tall!

The breakfast is perfect and you could it for the whole day…

The upper restaurant (level 12) is ok and not expensive… but its name “Revolving” is perfect because of you are going to go out a bit dizzy!

The price is not very cheap (197 USD for two and night) it less than you’re going to receive in other five starts hotel… But considering that you’re in Kampala it’s ok!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I organised a conference in the Golf Course Hotel this October (2012) and I wanted to write a review because I was very satisfied with the service of the conference managers.
First of all, the conference has incredible rooms, even for very big events like weddings, etc. There have different kind of rooms, so you might find exactly what you are looking for.

Everything was prepared in advance, and I had a good communcation with the team previous to the event (all via email, as I was in Europe).

I love the catering, for the coffee breaks and the lunch. It was a good mixure of Ugandan traditional dishes and local products but with something to satisfy every taste.

But what it positively surprise me the most was the flexibility of the event managers, as I had to change the rooms and the number of PAX several times.

I also stay in the hotel for five nights. My room was huge and nice, with a nice view to the golf park. I found the price quite expensive, but I can not compare with other hotels as I have not been in others in Kampala. Breakfast is nice, you have a cook to make your eggs in front of you and this kind of things.
I also used the transport pick-up of the hotel and there, I would have loved to get some advice from the reception, as I almost lost my plane as I was not informed when booking about the incredible traffic jam in Kampala.
Ah! You can not change money in the hotel but you can pay there in dollars.

Overall, good, especially regarding the conference, event and catering services.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with views to the golf park.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This was my second visit and after losing my reservation and having a room facing the road on my first visit, I got a golf course facing room this time. The rooms are enormous and well fitted. Lovely big comfortable bed. TV good. Internet is slow. I suggest going to Orange in the next door Garden shopping centre and buying an internet modem.
My first room (108) had a leak from the A/C so moved to room 415. Supposed to be executive room but it was smaller than my other room and difference was just a bar and high chairs. Outside the rooms 413 to 415 on each floor they have an exercise bike and running machine. This was awful as there was a fitness fanatic that got up at 6am every day to use the equipment. The noise was unbearable and was moved to room 423 at the end of the corridor.
The breakfast is good with a wide selection for everyone.
The staff were very apologetic and helpful.
When booking be careful to notice that VAT and local tax is NOT included. It took my room rate from 176 USD to 189 USD a day.
This hotel is so nearly very good but just needs a bit of thought and attention

Room Tip: Do not take rooms on any floor that end in 13 to 15 due to exercise equipment right outside the door. Also ask for Golf Course facing rooms
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Martin C
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My father had stayed at this hotel previously on one of his business trips, and he told me to stay away from the Spur... Boy was he right.

Not expecting anything much from this, as it was arranged by my employer, I must say that when looking at this hotel in context to the other hotels you come across in Uganda, and the rest of Africa mind you, this hotel is really quite good.

In short:
+ Front desk staff were friendly and very helpful (helping me find my way to an ex pat bar via 'boda boda' motorcycle)
+ Rooms are HUGE and bathroom was modern.
- The bedding and carpets etc were very dated.
-+ Breakfast is decent, but count yourself lucky if the chef is around to fry you an egg.
+ Mineral water stock is always replenished promptly (definitely a must in a country like Uganda)
- Spur restaurant is exceptionally below par, don't even bother.
+ Staff at the 1st floor bar are very friendly and diligent.
- Air conditioning unit is very loud and blows directly onto the bed making for an uncomfortable sleep.

That's it for now, I'll be back there next week on more business and I hope that time round I'll be able to write about more positives.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business