“Relaxing hotel, but room service was hopeless”
Review of Golf Course Hotel

Golf Course Hotel
Ranked #18 of 104 Hotels in Kampala
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Large, airy room, comfortable and quiet. Great view of the golf course and close to downtown for business. Restaurants (and adjacent mall, ATMs) were convenient and good. Security good.

Had a strange pair of birds who would come and beg grapes off of me at my window every day!

Very nice spa in the adjacent mall, with great services.

Unfortunately, the room service was a bit hopeless. I had to call and ask for a menu, then they wouldn't let me keep it in the room. So every time I wanted room service, I'd have to call and ask for a menu, wait for it, then order at the door and then wait. Wasn't worth the aggravation.

If you aren't a room service person, this hotel was a great value. Otherwise, there are better options in Kampala.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Stockett

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I once stayed there and first room had been newly painted and had the smell of paint. I asked to be moved and was happy with my new room until the unexpected happened! While resting on my bed in the evening, i saw a huge rat running in the wardrobe and then ducked under my bed. I had to call the staff to get rid of it. Needless to say, i moved out. Its a nice hotel though and has a great view of the Golf Course and most importantly close to the shopping malls but i feel they need to improve on maintainance.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank DaktariGithinji
Reviewed June 1, 2012

They have huge rooms, with in-room wifi that has always worked (surprise), unlike some of the hotels preferred by some American visitors. More than half the rooms face a lovely golf course and in the morning the birds are right at the window. It's very clean, extremely convenient to anything you might need, bank, food, shopping, exchange bureau etc. (within safe walking distance). The food is good, the staff cordial and attentive. The only problem I had one time was using a credit card. But, I think that it was resolved to my satisfaction. I have recommended this hotel to many others from our company. They have returned to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank BBlandsdowneWay
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I checked into the hotel late in the evening and the process was quite fast. On getting to my room, I found that I had been allocated the disabled room. Upon enquiry the next morning, I was informed that the hotel was fully booked but they promised to allocate me a different room the same day-this did not happen until a day later. At times the room would be filled with a very strong smell that was emanating from the ventilation in the washrooms.

On the better side, the hotel is located within walking distance to the city centre and it boasts of a golf course. The rooms are quite spacious and there is free wifi although it is not so strong in some rooms.

The food is rather on the expensive side.

Room Tip: Request for rooms facing the golf course as they are a bit quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I booked a hotel room at golf corse.on arrival they tell me that the hotel is full and that they can offer me a room at their 3 star sister hotel. This is not ethical.they sell room on first come first served or they r using the golf course as a strategy to fill up their inferior sister hotel despite people having confirmed bookings. This happened to 5 of us who happen to check in at te same time. The managers were not helpful at all and had a no care attitude I.e take it or leave it. I was very disappointed by this as I was a regular visitor to this hotel. And I am sure that the other 4 people were not happy. This will not go down well with some major cooperates in the region.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Jay M
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Large, clean rooms, nice and bright. Good service but if the hotel is busy, the breakfast area gets too crowded. Friendly staff. I'd go back.

Room Tip: Stay on the golf course-facing side to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Keishamaza
Reviewed April 6, 2012

i arrived in Kampala from Canada after a very long flight. The Golf Course Hotel is an ideal blend of North American service standards mixed with the pleasure of African culture and service. The European food choices were welcomed and the morning buffet was fabulous. The staff are pleasant, trustworthy and they extend a warm welcome. Great location, minutes from a shopping mall with all the necessary stores.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the golf course!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business