Golf Course Hotel
$204
$161
$130
Jumia Travel
All reviewsrevolving restaurantgarden citywalk in wardrobespur restaurantdressing roombig bathroomhotel includingthe central business districtample spacebreakfast is servedpool gymoasis mallhotel of choicebusiness triphotel is locatedsitting areainternet speed
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Nice view, Good rooms with nice bathrooms, and a very good location.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Khaled K
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Lovel hotel with very friendly staff, exceptionally comfortable and clean rooms, nice restaurants and a good location. Thoroughly recommended. Try and get a room over looking the golf course - the road outside can be quite busy and whilst it is great for people watching it never quietens. The gold course side is far nicer.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking golf course.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Zulusthousandsofem
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Very well situated, good clean and very competent staff. Good restaurants on site and right next to the reputedly best shopping centre. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank FrikLange
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I live in Uganda and have been to the various restaurants in the Golf Course Hotel on more than one occasion. Spurs (a South African chain) offers decent burgers and steaks and the Bamboo Terrace is a little fancier, but still reasonably priced. The hotel is conveniently located and there are many hotel amenities (golf, fitness centre, pool, etc...) I was pleasanly surprised when I entered my room. It was much larger than I expected. The bathroom was huge with a beautiful walk-in rain-shower and a large soaker tub. The complimentary toiletries were better than average. The view out on the golf course was nice and refreshing in a generally dirty and noisy city. I found the reception desk staff to be extremely helpful even offering me the corporate rate (which saved me about $30 USD). There was a large selection of hot and cold items for breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I stayed at the Golf Course Hotel in Kampala for 2 weeks in April 2011 - late review! I have to say that I was sorely disappointed! There was a terrible smell in my room, which I complained about, but there wasn't any recourse. Eventually, during week 2, I entered my room to be greeted by such a foul stench, it brought tears to my eyes! It smelt like dead rat - I put on the aircon in an effort to clear the stench, but this made it a whole lot worse! I telephoned the manager to change my room and took my stuff and waited in the hall - had to call 4 times to finally get assistance. They did eventually change my room, and they did give me a meal voucher as an apology, but I have say that my stay left a bitter taste in my mouth(or stench in my nose?) Also found two humangous roaches in the bathroom of the replacement room!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business