Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

All reviews nice person day trip murchison falls photos meals trek birds roads accommodation driver company uganda lodge
Selected filters
Reviewed January 9, 2020 via mobile

I visited Kampala in December 2019 over a weekend to get out of Nairobi for a bit – the ‪cabin fever‬ was beginning to set in. I organised my trip on a Thursday and by ‪Saturday afternoon‬ I was on route to the Equator crossing thanks to Wildlife Travel Safaris & Adventure. My request was handled by Richard, who is friendly, professional and highly knowledgeable about Uganda and the East Africa region. Richard was highly responsive, provided regular updates and just nuggets of information you would want to know.

Some specifics:

* I was picked up from my hotel in Kampala and driven 1h30 hours out to the Equator crossing. The route is very scenic with lush vegetation and small settlements along the way.
* Upon arrival, I took some photos at the crossing and observed some fascinating water experiments in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres and Zero Latitude
* I was then awarded a certificate for my visit then followed by a traditional Ugandan meal and walkabout at the curio shops

Given the limited time, I could only do a trip the Equator but I do look forward to booking other experiences with the company such as a Gorilla trekking experience in the near future. Definitely on the agenda.
I’ve always wanted to visit an equator crossing somewhere in the world and I’m glad that mine happened in Uganda and was handled by Wildlife Travel Safaris. The trip was easy, fun and a truly unforgettable experience!

Date of experience: December 2019
richardugandan, Consultant at Wild Travel Safaris & Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

This was an Amazing opportunity to have you choose us for an excursion in Uganda and we so much appreciate and promising to provide extra to best services anytime. We are so happy to hear that you will be back and we wait for you with excitement
Cheers

Reviewed November 10, 2019

I visited Murchison Falls with 2 other adult women this past month, I could easily see families, couples or other groups doing this trip too. Derrick organized our trip and Richard led our safari and was our guide for the weekend. Both men went our of their way to make sure we had a great weekend! The Rhino park was beautiful, the falls absolutely stunning, the boat safari was amazing and the safari drives were out of this world. We saw tons of elephants, hippos, thompson deer, giraffes, warthogs, baboons, birds that I can't name, and of course several lions! Richard really did amazing making us feel safe and finding the lions. He also found giraffes we could see up close since many had been a distance. I'd definitely recommend these guys, I'd go again with them in a heart beat. Happy travels!

Date of experience: October 2019
richardugandan, Safari at Wild Travel Safaris & Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

Hello Andrea, it was Amazing having a weekend with the 3 of you and it was remarkable. Hope to see you again for other different safaris and excursions.

Cheers

Reviewed October 20, 2019 via mobile

The feeling you get when you see a lion 5meters away from your car. Never tested it come to uganda you cannot miss it with the best game guide @Nsambarichard

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed October 19, 2019 via mobile

A Great Tour to Murchison Falls with Richard was a smooth process and amazing experience. All the logistics worked smoothly, our accommodation was lovely, and the time having close ups to the lions and also visiting the falls was as incredible as I was hoping!
Its really worth it.
I would definitely use him the next time for my safari.

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank Micah R
Reviewed September 29, 2019

Me, my girlfriend and mum had a three day safari to Murchison and Ziwa rhino sanctuary.

It was a fantastic experience, we were hosted by Clair who was amazing, she arranged everything well in advance, was prompt and very knowledgable in all aspects of the area and wildlife.

She arranges for us to stay at Heritage safari lodge which was beautiful, with great views of the river and quaint little lodges to stay in.

Will definitely book with her again.

Date of experience: August 2019