Tripadvisor
Kampala
All reviews amber restaurant room access one bedroom suite fully equipped kitchen city view amazing hotel great amenities quiet at night felt like home long stay spacious rooms local food special thanks enjoyed my stay professional staff the food is great room service is
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2020

I just found my home away from home. Mestil--I am staying with you every time I visit Uganda from here on out. Rooms are SPACIOUS and clean. Housekeeping is attentive and responsive. Security guards (Pinnacle) very helpful. Amber Restaurant staff very pleasant to interact with.
Continental Breakfast is one of the best! Great food selection (streaky bacon, pineapple, and breads selections were my favorite). Special recognition to our server Fred who is FANTASTIC.
Other special recognitions: Amina in housekeeping--great service with a smile!
Gadhaff (front desk/bellhop)--was the first person we met on site, and continued to provide most excellent service throughout our stay.
Asaph (Pinnacle security)--warmly greeted us coming to/from our hotel suite with smiles each and every time.

Mestil: you have phenomenal staff and hard workers. I hope you pay them extremely well. By paying them well and securing their retention, you are guaranteed to provide the best service possible.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed January 1, 2020

View over the down town. Service was good but we had some communication issues when trying to organize breakfast into the room as we had an early start. The breakfast never came and when we called to ask for it - and agreed (?) instead of getting to be transferred, go to the restaurant (as time was running), they were packing it for take away

Reviewed December 31, 2019

Well we arrived at the gate the parking lot was so full ....so we parked at another lot ...and the hotel van picked us from there and drove us straight to the dinner area where we are supposed to dine and later go watch fire works the hospitality is great and all thanks to Ms Joan she is a great person keep it up Ms Joan of mestil...

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2019

We had a mini staycation here over Christmas, and it's amazing how Mestil made it possible for us to disappear into our own little world by driving just 15 minutes down the road. We left feeling relaxed, pampered and all warm and fuzzy! Highly recommend for a staycation within Kampala.

Reviewed December 26, 2019 via mobile

The facilities are good. However being Christmas, I think the staff were overwhelmed and the service would slow down especially during breakfast and lunch. The concierge was great.
I would definitely come back to stay

Trip type: Traveled with family