Review Highlights
USD gorillas and game drives

Once again, awesome trips planned by Gorilla Link. My groups always see something new. A... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
James B
Gorilla Trek in Bwindi forest

Carol was a superb planner for our Gorilla Trek in Uganda. Each aspect of the trip was curated... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Jim and Mary H
San Diego, California
via mobile

All reviews brilliant job group trip murchison falls amazing tour guide beautiful country beautiful animals fabulous trip safari experience national park last minute safe driver land cruiser uganda trip an amazing experience gorilla permits other companies gorilla family
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

You can stop looking. This is your safari tour company. Caroline and Gorilla Link Tours were recommended by a colleague so, as a solo female traveler going to a region I was unfamiliar with, I carefully researched the company. This Ugandan company was utterly professional and accommodated my requests/needs with knowledge and connections an external company simply does not have.

You can't ask for better care than what I received from Caroline and my driver/guide Robert. I presented a different set of challenges which they both handled admirably: I wanted an 11-day safari focused on primates with multiple gorilla treks/permits, yet had no dates for Caroline to plan around (my safari wound up being over the Christmas holiday!) and it was unknown if/when I'd be able to get my yellow fever immunization (a Uganda entry requirement) or in which country. Caroline is an effervescent, intelligent, creative force to be reckoned with! She patiently answered all of my questions, provided useful pre-trip information & packing tips, and worked overtime coming up with creative ways to ensure both gorilla trek permits, golden monkey trek, chimpanzee habituation, plus lion game drives I had requested. She came up with an alternative schedule/route which allowed for all of it! In addition, a friend of mine who has toured extensively through many African countries was impressed with the itinerary she put together, the reasonable cost, plus the amazingly comfortable accommodations at the mid-range lodges (all had private porches or balconies with incredible views!).

When I did finally arrive at Entebbe, Customs and lost luggage caused delays, so Caroline and Robert waited outside the airport for me for hours yet both of them still cheerily welcomed me and delivered me to the guesthouse, checked me in and reviewed the plan for the following day. Robert took it from there. He is an amazing guide. I knew I was in good hands when he leaned outside for a moment to identify a bird by ear. His eye for spotting wildlife is nothing short of impressive (for what it's worth, I'm a biologist and look for animals for a living too). Being from the area we toured through, he is intimately familiar with everything from species of animals and plants, to the terrain and how to best navigate it, as well as subtle cultural nuances, good music, and where to get great coffee! He has contacts everywhere we went and facilitated everything from getting my luggage delivered to a remote area, to having someone find socks for me on the way to my first gorilla trek at Bwindi (would have been a very uncomfortable hike without them!). He is knowledgeable about the native wildlife and specializes in birds (has the plate numbers of a 600+ page field ID book memorized - that's not an exaggeration). He's kind with a great sense of humor, patient, and observant. Nine+ days into the trip he remembered offhanded comments I made on day 1 about my other interests and suggested a wide range of activities based on those comments (everything from learning about coffee roasting and native plants via a Bigodi Community Walk, to visiting a ravine where chimp trekking can be done to see the tree tops below, to finding birds I wanted to learn about, to stopping by the lake that is printed on the 20000 shilling, just to name a few of the many great ideas and suggestions he had).

I can't say enough good things about Caroline and Robert. You're in great hands - see gorgeous, picturesque, rugged Uganda with Gorilla Link Tours!

Date of experience: December 2019
CarolGorillaLink, Owner at Gorilla Link Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Taylor,
Thank you so much for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor and thank you a million times for choosing Gorilla Link Tours to organize your once in a life time primate safari. It was so great meeting you and laughing with you and we cannot wait to see you again. Robert enjoyed guiding you and he would do it allover again.

Lots of love from Uganda

Reviewed January 15, 2020

Gorilla link tours booked an amazing stay in Bwindi to see the gorillas. The team is professional and very knowledgeable! They are with you all the way and answer any questions or doubts you may have with a security that you will be satisfied. Seeing the gorillas was such an amazing experience and Gorilla link tours was the reason the whole trip was wonderful! I will book again soon to bring the rest of my family!

Date of experience: January 2020
1CarolGLT, Owner at Gorilla Link Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2020

Dear Marcela,
Thank you so much for your review and for choosing Gorilla Link Tours to organize your gorilla trekking safari. We are so glad you had a great safari experience and we cannot wait to take your family too.
Happy 2020

Reviewed December 18, 2019 via mobile

Wow me and my girlfriend had an amazing time with gorilla Link Tours they looked after us from start to finish and made this a truly memorable holiday. When we got picked up from the airport the adventure began our tour guide Arshleigh was an amazing guy and very knowledgeable we were made to feel so welcome in this amazing country. Carol the owner put together an amazing package for me and my girlfriend and made this a truly memorable experience. We managed to see so much of this beautiful country. The highlight for us had to be seeing in the Gorillaz in their natural habitat that really was an amazing day. The accommodation we were put up in was absolutely fantastic with some of the best views we have ever seen looking over some of the most beautiful countryside in the world. The highlight of the accommodation had to be staying at pakubu lodge where we woke up in the morning with beautiful animals on our doorstep, we will most definitely recommend gorilla Link Tours to all of our friends and family and anyone looking to visit Uganda should use this company as they are amazing and they will make your holiday truly unique.

Date of experience: September 2019
CarolGorillaLink, Owner at Gorilla Link Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for taking time to review us on trip advisor and thank you a million times for choosing Gorilla Link Tours to organize your 10 days safari plus rafting. We are glad that you and Catherine had a great time. We hope to see you again.

Best regards

Reviewed November 27, 2019

I knew that we were in good hands when Caroline telephoned within minutes of receiving our initial online enquiry. She listened to our requirements, made suggestions and worked with us to develop a packed but superb itinerary.We particularly liked that we started with a basic 'package' from which she suggested multiple additional options, allowing us to build the tour whilst keeping an eye on the budget. Her local knowledge was invaluable when choosing lodges - not always chosen for their facilities but often, and more importantly, for their location. Unless away from her office 'on location', where internet was sometimes lacking, she responded promptly to email enquiries and was a font of useful information!
We were very lucky to have Richard as our guide - he is a considerate and safe driver, extremely knowledgeable about Uganda and its wildlife, a fantastic 'spotter', always on time and very good company. He responded to my constant questions whilst he tried to negotiate the often treacherous roads with great tolerance!

We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Carol or Richard. Although we started the process with some degree of trepidation, booking through a Ugandan company rather than a British one, we soon realised these concerns were totally unfounded and there were considerable benefits, not simply financial. Do it!

Date of experience: November 2019
CarolGorillaLink, Owner at Gorilla Link Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2019

Awwwwwww, thank you so much dear Cathy for your valuable review and for those kind words. It was so exciting organizing a safari for you and your dear husband Clifton and it was really lovely meeting you. Richard had a great time and he had so much fun showing you our home. Thank you once again for choosing Gorilla Link Tours to organize an amazing trip for you. And thank you so much too for the sunscreens you brought for people living with Albinism. We hope to see you again.

Sunny regards

Reviewed September 22, 2019

Nothing but good things to say about Gorilla Link Tours - Carol the owner is a real gem and she's built a special tour company in just a few years.

A friend and I did the 3-day gorilla tour in Bwindi departing from Kampala. There was great communication throughout planning, and they easily accommodated some customizations of the standard itinerary to include a day at the Kigali Genocide Memorial in Rwanda. Pickups were always prompt and Carol even met us at the airport herself.

William our guide gave us lots of great context about Uganda and the gorillas which really enriched our experience - it was actually more information about the gorillas than we got from the guides in the park.

I'd love to come back to Uganda and spend more time in the Mutanda Lake region (which is stunning) and see some other parks, and would book again with Gorilla Link without hesitation.

Date of experience: September 2019
CarolGorillaLink, Owner at Gorilla Link Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2019

Dear Travis,
Thank you for taking time to review us.
Thank you a million times for choosing Gorilla Link Tours to organize for you and your friend a gorilla tracking safari.
We are so glad you had a great experience.
It was nice meeting you and we cannot wait to see you again..

Sunny regards