“An oasis in Kampala”

Ranked #5 of 100 Hotels in Kampala
Loveland, Colorado
“An oasis in Kampala”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

After 3 months volunteering in Uganda, I was looking for a quiet place to rest and enjoy before the long journey home. Humura Resort in the quiet and upscale Kololo neighborhood of Kampala was the perfect spot. Large, beautifully appointed and quiet rooms with a/c, flat screen tv and deluxe bathroom. The pool area is serene and green. There are several places to enjoy a drink and the restaurant served delicious fresh food. If you are craving fresh veggies, try the mixed salad. This resort is small and intimate and the staff was friendly and helpful. Several Ugandan friends joined me for meals and were also impressed. I'll stay again my next trip!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Carolyn G
Humura, Front Office Manager at Humura Resorts, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Ms. Carolyn G
Allow me to take this opportunity to thank you very much for choosing Humura Resorts as your preferred place of residence during your recent visit to Kampala and for sparing valuable time to write a rave review about our property. We greatly appreciate the vote of confidence and commendation.

We are truly delighted to hear that we were able to meet and exceed most of your expectations that made your stay with us comfortable.
Thank you very much for your patronage of our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back, it will be a pleasure hosting you once again.

Rooms Division & Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Japan
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stayed at Humura for 11 nights in January. The room was spacious and staff were very cheerful and kind. I particularly liked the quiet atmosphere at the hotel, and good internet connection as I had to work in the room all the time . Loved breakfast pancake, hot shower, plenty of natural lights in the room through the window overlooking the garden. I had late flight on my last day, and they kindly allowed me to stay till the evening, which was such a great offer. Possible improvement could be better soundproof of the wall. Overall, it was a very good stay.

Dear Tabibi2

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Used the hotel for one night and one day before my night return flight.
Very good room: clear, clean and with all needed amenities.
Staff very nice and helpful.
Very good location: walking distance from Shopping center, national museum and in general nice area.
Food (1 dinner and 1 breakfast) was very good.

Room Tip: Not too close from the stairs...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear MFG

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Stayed here for a work week in Kampala. The hotel offered great service - very helpful and friendly staff. Nice, quiet and relaxing garden and environment. Great location in a peaceful and quiet setting.

Dear Ms. Caorline672014

Woolwich, Maine
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I came to Uganda for the first time this January to lead a workshop at the Humura. I have spent many years in Senegal and Guinea (which are not known for their keen customer service) and I therefore arrived with some trepidation, wondering about the logistics of organizing the workshop and what sort of support I would receive from Humura staff. I was more than pleasantly surprised, I was overwhelmed by the flexibility and responsiveness of the Humura staff in responding to (and anticipating even!) my every need. Hannah and her team made it easy for me to print and make handouts each day--into the night--for the participants. They moved tables around, set up the projector, and rearranged tea breaks without complaint when they differed from our original plan. The conference facilities are excellent and comfortable, with room for break out sessions in the garden, and all the wall sockets you need for multiple laptops. The space is quiet and beautiful with gardens all around the hotel and conference rooms. I was able to rent a laptop and LCD projector, which saved me from having to lug them from the U.S. I short, I was able to forget about logistics and concentrate on what was really important-delivering an excellent workshop for the participants.

I also felt completely comfortable in the hotel. I can't say enough good things about the staff who are friendly, helpful, and full of knowledge. I swam laps in the pool everyday as a stress reliever and it was very well maintained. I also had the same taxi driver each day I was there-Joseph Opio-who was excellent. I completely trusted him not only to find his way around the city, but also to give me advice as to how long it would take to get to our destination (Kampala has horrid traffic), what time to leave, and to offer his excellent local knowledge. He was also completely reliable in showing up for pre-set appointments. I recommend his taxi service without reservation. If you are holding a workshop in Kampala, I strongly advise you to book the Humura!

Humura, Manager at Humura Resorts, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Ms. Lacey g

Allow me to take this opportunity to thank you very much for choosing Humura Resorts as your preferred place of residence and for holding your meeting during your recent visit to Kampala and for sparing valuable time to write a rave review about our property. We greatly appreciate the vote of confidence and commendation.

Hannah White
Foods and Beverage Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Humura has a great location and is a peaceful oasis of calm in the middle of Kampala! The rooms were clean and comfortable, with effective A/C and decent bathrooms. The breakfast was also good and plentiful, and staff very friendly and helpful. Overall great value for money and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Christopher M
Dear Mr. Christopher M,

Kampala, Uganda
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Kampala is a popular tourist destination and finding decent and affordable accommodation is a thing of the past - but finding a good food place is still a nightmare for us the residents!

My husband's birthday was coming up, and amidst my busy schedule, I had to find a homely and nice place, and with good African food. As I scouted Kampala city and its immediate surburbs, I stumbled on Humura - had seen the sign post innumerable times, but always though of it as a BB as 'humura' in our local dialect means 'to rest'.

Humura staff were very pleasant, the atmosphere was relaxing and beautiful, and finally comes the food - it was the best, service was excellent and all my guests agreed with me!

Bravo to Humura management and please keep up and coming back very very soon!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends