Humura Resorts
$131
$103
Jumia Travel
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsuganda museummashed potatoessmall poolsmall hotelboutique hotelmakerere universityhome away from homean oasisrestaurant optionsgolf courserooms are cleanbustling citymain roadkampala trafficflat screen tvnice gardenthe air conditioning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I routinely travel 4 times a year to Kampala for work, and have had the pleasure of staying at Humura each time. The hotel is located in the northern part of the city, adjacent to the Golf Course and walking distance from Makerere University.

Rooms are clean and well-maintained, simple yet full of East African flair. Wi-fi is available in the rooms and on the property, and the speed/signal are usually consistent and very reliable.

The staff are always friendly and accommodating, and ready to help. The service is also very good, with buffet breakfast in the AM and decent lunch/dinner selections. The hotel caters to the business community, and routinely hosts conferences during the week. It is also a very popular place for wedding photography due to the beautifully landscaped grounds.

Overall, I highly recommend the hotel, as it has truly become a home away from home while I am in Kampala!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We recently stayed 4 nights at Humura Resorts and was enjoying it fantastically well. Clean, tidy and very friendly staff. Safe and secure hotel. Pool and gym very nice. Restaurant and bar was high class. Close to the city centre. We can only give good recommendations on this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Johnny K
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I only stayed one night at Humura Resort but was pleased with the facility and the service. The room was very spacious. The indoor bar (I didn't get the opportunity to try the pool bar) and the open-air restaurant were both nice. Other reviewers here are correct - it is a peaceful location in the middle of Kampala. I was most pleased by the service. Case in point -- upon checkout, I accidentally left a suit that I was to wear at a Kampala wedding several days later. However, I did not realize that I forgot my suit until I was at my next accommodation - a safari lodge at Murchison Falls National Park. Once I contacted Humura Resort, they assured me that they would hold my suit until I returned to Kampala. They kept their word. I was able to pick up my suit upon my return to Kampala. My Ugandan friend told me that I was lucky - in most cases, I never would have seen my suit again. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank NateAlaska
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Spent three nights at the Humara on a delegation trip to Uganda. Usually stays at the Sheraton, but Humara is smaller, friendlier and much more cosy.
Rooms are very nice and clean. Only minor setback is the free wifi that is a bit shaky at times, but it doesn't spoil the overall impression of a well run, very nice small and suitably luxurious hotel.
Will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Brdrzn
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at humura resort ........Rooms were really good , staff was very helpful and food was just too good .

If you are looking for a relaxed and comfortable stay at Ugnda then just go for Humura resorts . I stayed for two nights and would definately go bk to Humura . The hotel manger was very friendly and helpful for my stay .

Keep up the good work guys ;)) Neha ,NEW DELHI , INDIA