Imperial Royale Hotel
$169
$130
Jumia Travel
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

$158
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
All reviewsrooms are massivevast hotelthe central business districtdesk staffconference venueevery morningthe pearlafricainternetwivarieties
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This hotel have proberly seen better days. The hotel is located nicely in the city center and is very big. I had the chance to stay only one night nice my first book hotel was overbooked.
The hotel is big and is the architecture is interesting with open hallways where you can see the other floors. Everything is dark and groomy, Black and fungus stain on the wall paper and the Whole hotel smells like fungis. The hotel could use a update in funiture and paint.
The bathroom was ok, but rest not ok.
The service was ok, but one person did not know what the other was doing so some misunderstading sometimes but they where helpfull.
Breakfast was below standard!
To be honest i will not stay here Again - but i will not scare others away, you just have to know about the standard.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank aab163
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Overall, the hotel is fine. Well located and very big rooms...Very pleasant and helpful staff. Free wifi is available. Maintainance/renovation works, especially in the rooms, are overdue...and rooms look a bit old.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed in one of the deluxe rooms for put wedding night and a few nights after. The room was very exotic and comfy and made our stay really amazing one.

It was all quiet and staff where so helpful, we were upgraded to a super deluxe by the manager when they we were newly weds...!

• Stayed: September 2012
imperialhotelsUG, Public Relations Manager at Imperial Royale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2015

Dear Slylutar,

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review!
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our accommodation, as well as the environment.
Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The Imperial Royale is well located. I looks very posh and the rooms and the attrium are huge. The room itself is a bit grotty. The capets look old and don't smell fresh, the bathroom is big but not very modern. I stayed here one night for business, which is ok, but I would not like to stay here longer. Breakfast was not what you would expect from a hotel like this, little choice and average quality. On my return to Kampala I stayed in the Sheraton, which is in a different league and wins hands down.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This was a business trip of 20 days. Nothing could have been better than the location, pricing and facilities offered by this hotel.

The rooms were big, cleaned every day (with sheets and towels changed), Wifi access, mini locker and clean bathrooms. Each room has Tea/coffee making equipment and some (like my colleagues) also have a mini bar. Please request for on above the pool area, you get excellent wind/sun here.

Hotel has an adequate gym, lots of cardio equipment but only machines for weight training (suited me well for a short duration stay). Swimming pool is 18 mtrs, sufficient again for a short stay, cleaned daily. It has a sauna and steam center, though I never used it but my colleague did and he was quite satisfied.

There is a Western Union office in the same complex as the hotel (just outside) so you can change forex right there.

The food served in the buffet is mainly non-vegetarian with not much variety. Mainly beef and seasonal veggies. This is an everyday thing, I think they really lack creativity here. Veggies can have seasonal vegetables (though I am not sure how long you can keep up with boiled stuff) and potatoes.

I also recommend plantains (roasted bananas) and grilled Tilapia for fish eaters.

That's it ! Overall, very good hotel.

Room Tip: Take the ones above the pool area. And go for 814 if you can get it. Its the only one with a Balcony :) ...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business