All reviews business hotel business trip desk staff breakfast buffet rooms are spacious fresh fruit enjoyed my stay wifi bellman gym conference kololo tile meeting shillings serena
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

I arrived in Kampala at like 10pm, my Protea sign-holding driver was waiting at the airport, I was checked-in quickly and efficiently. The staff went above and beyond to help me print 50+ copies around midnight at the business center (open 24 hours, just off the hotel lobby) and my room service basil pesto pasta arrived quickly and was a bit heavier on the lemon than I prefer but was delicious and satisfying. I had to go to another hotel the following morning for a conference, and the staff not only got me a taxi there but allowed me to pre-pay and arrange for one of their drivers to pick me up there and drive me to the airport so I didn’t have to deal with another hotel or taking out shillings since I was in Uganda for less than 24 hours (which is stupid short, I know).

My only qualms/areas for improvement are the rooms themselves. My shower didn’t drain so you ended up taking a dirty foot bath as you showered. The tile was cracked around the sink, the light switch to the bathroom is inconveniently hidden behind a large armoire. The bathroom is enormous, and the bedroom is barely large enough for the bed AND a suitcase, which feels like an odd choice. I was facing the street not the courtyard, though, and those rooms wig their cute balconies look amazing. The free-range guinea fowl wandering around the property and in the breakfast buffet were fun.

I’d come back, but I might ask for a different room :).

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Nicole B, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Kampala, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Thank you for completing a review on your stay with us. We rely on GUEST feedback to determine both the positive and negative aspects of our hotel and to improve wherever possible.

Your interest and concern are therefore extremely valuable to us, and we hope that you will be staying with us again soon.

We should welcome another opportunity to show you Protea Hospitality at its best!

Reviewed August 7, 2018

We were in Uganda for a mission trip, so, had spent two weeks in lesser accommodations. We stayed a night here on either side of the mission and it was such a treat to get back to the showers, the AC, the food, the service. I stay with Marriott quite a bit and honestly have never felt some welcomed as when we returned to the protea the second time as everyone from the bell hop, front desk and wait staff remembered us and were so friendly. We felt very comfortable and safe in this hotel. It was a short walk to a mall and Java House (which is excellent).

Room tip: We stayed in 106 and 206 which were not garden view, but were larger and had dining table.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Nicole B, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Kampala, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Thank you for your words of appreciation on the review that you completed on your recent stay at Protea Hotel by Marriott Kampala.

We are delighted to receive your compliments and we will certainly congratulate our STAFF for their exemplary service.

It was our pleasure to accommodate you, and your interest and loyalty are truly invaluable to us.

We look forward to welcoming you to Protea Hotel by Marriott Kampala and to hearing from you again!

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Property is well kept, the rooms are not big .. they are huge. Good wifi. Had a room with a balcony which was very nice. Breakfast choice can improve. Effective check in and checkout. Value for money.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Nicole B, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Kampala, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Dear Pawan,

We are delighted to have been your chosen hotel during your recent stay in Kampala. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

We appreciate your business and value your honest feedback. Your comments have been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver exceptional service to guests like you.

Thank you for staying at the Protea Hotel Kampala and we hope you choose to create more memories with us whenever your travels bring you back to Kampala.

NICOLE MEYER
GENERAL MANAGER
Protea Hotel by Marriott Kampala

Reviewed July 4, 2018

I was at Protea Hotel Marriott Kampala for a meeting courtesy of JV partners for the Uganda Oil and Petroleum Sector. I enjoyed everything right from the time of arrival, the meals, the hospitable team of ladies and guys. The coffee, snacks and the meals were incredible. Were served by Denis, he was simply great and i look forward to visiting again.

Room tip: Secure, quiet and clean
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Nicole B, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Kampala, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2018

Thank you for your words of appreciation on the review that you completed on your recent stay at Protea Hotel Kampala.

We are delighted to receive your compliments and we will certainly congratulate the STAFF you commended for their exemplary service.

We look forward to welcoming you to Protea Hotel Kampala and to hearing from you again!

Reviewed July 3, 2018

The food was good; rooms were big and airy so very good. The reception was welcoming and ambiance was ok for the purpose i went for. The restaurant staff could do with refresher courses on customer care, but otherwise all was well and i enjoyed my stay there.

Room tip: take the rooms on the upper floors if you need some quiet time.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Nicole B, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Kampala, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2018

Dear Jackie,

Thank you for completing a review on your recent stay at Protea Hotel by Marriott Kampala.

We have noted your comments about the service in the restaurant. Your comments have been communicated to the management team and the STAFF are currently undergoing refresher training in service.

We rely on both positive and negative feedback to enable us to improve our service and guest experience.

We thank you again for your input and hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back in future to show you Protea hospitality at it’s best.

NICOLE MEYER