TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
11 DAYS OF AMAZING SAFARI IN UGANDA

The best company to do safari in Uganda. Very well organized trip, by the professionals of the... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
MARPEREZMAR
Fantastic birding trip with Mamaland Safaris

Mamaland provided an excellent 2 week birding holiday in Uganda. We had a brilliant knowledgable... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
tgrafton
UK

All reviews excellent hospitality game drives day safari birding trip excellent days gorilla trekking bird species skilled driver road conditions great company the pearl queen elizabeth park tour operator their natural habitat bwindi np took great care unforgettable experience
Selected filters
Reviewed December 13, 2018 via mobile

I just completed an 8 day trip with Mamaland Safaris (Kigali, Lake Bunyonyi, Bwindi NP, QENP, and Kibale NP). I would highly recommend this company for anyone wanting to visit East Africa. The service, accommodations, and overall experience exceeded my expectations.

Edrisa was my first point of contact. He patiently answered all of my questions before and after I booked my trip. Once I arrived in Kigali, my guide was waiting for me. Paul was absolutely amazing. Not only was he a great guide and safe driver, he was wonderful company in the car during our long drives. He provided me with so much information about Uganda, the people, and all the animals/birds we saw along the way. I also met the owner of the company (Tony) who was also very friendly and knowledgeable.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed November 21, 2018

Mamaland Safaris put together an amazing custom trip that combined everything we hoped to see in Uganda. They included as much activities as possible but still with enough time to relax and enjoy. Great and friendly communication. Our guide was with us for the whole trip and took care of everything. We had a lot of fun with him, he was always on time and stopped for every photo we wanted to take. Experienced spotter on game drives. Comfy van with AC and roof window. We often had the opportunity to vary plans. 1 missunderstanding with a booking where the accomodation had to be changed, but for that 1 free upgrade at another place. Food was mainly buffet, delicious and plenty.

Reviewed November 19, 2018 via mobile

We travelled one week in Uganda with Mamalands and it was a wonderful week. Our guide Charles took great care of us. Super friendly and a great driver (which we really appreciated, especially in the sometimes tough terrain and crazy Kampalan traffic). He went out of his way to give us the best possible experience (for example finding the best spots for viewing on the safari & recommending extra game drives) and was very knowledgable about both animals and Uganda.
We visited Mburo, Bwindi and Queen Elizabeth National parks.

Some people do a self drive but I would definitely recommend going with a guide instead. That way you can just relax and enjoy instead of trying to manage difficult roads, finding the right way (Charles helped a trio of lost women in Bwindi) and possible set backs. He just made it smooth going all the way and we didn’t have to worry about any details.

We highly recommend Mamalands!
Thanks for a wonderful week!

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed November 19, 2018

In September 2018 my girlfriend and I travelled the second time to africa (after south africa three years before) with our main goal to visit the mountain gorillas in Uganda. From todays perspectice Mamaland Safari was the perfect provider, because they organized everything. Already the communication before our trip started was great and absolutely helpful to be well prepared for the safaris etc. Particularty to be mentioned is that we lost one our bags on the way there. Without Edrisa from Mamaland we wouldn't have got the bag back today probably. And a special thanks go to Enock (our personel guide for one week) for showing us the diversity of uganda. All together this trip was the most exciting, adventurous and impressive destination so far. The Mamaland-Team is mainly responsible for these unforgettable memories. A big thank you for your hospitality! Fabian and Berit from Germany

Reviewed October 3, 2018

we just came back from Uganda .our trip was organized by Mamaland and was great
our guide was Charles and he was perfect!!! he took care of everything always in a pleasant way. He fulfilled gladly all our wishes and it was fun to speak with him and learn about Uganda and the different animals and birds .we were at Jinga and took a wonderful cruise on the river Nile visited Ziwa rhino Sanctuary a great experience Murchison falls Chimpanzees and Gorilla trekking all was perfect!
we stayed at very nice hotels recommended by Mamaland and enjoyed them a lot
i would certainly recommend planning a trip with Mamaland and Charles as a guide.