“Fine view, poor buffet, excellent service”
Review of Mountain Inn

Mountain Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Mbabane
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The receptionist who checked us in was the most efficient and clued-in receptionist I have ever met in my entire life. I should have paid more attention to her name. The hotel has a fine view over the surrounding valley and a pool which, I'm sure in summer would be very nice but in winter was just nice to look at. The buffet dinner was very bland and disappointing compared to all the other meals we enjoyed in five weeks in Africa. I had better food at a market in Namibia. The breakfast was okay though. We had a family room which was huge.

I was expecting a tourist-oriented hotel but the hotel seems to be the focal point of the AIDS industry in Swaziland. There were at least two separate delegations of AIDS industry executives there while we were there. All net-working over their buffet dinner and having 'break-out' sessions and high-powered phone calls during breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jgm2
Patrick W, Owner at Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Thank you for your positive response and for complimenting our service. Your review is important and we will certainly take steps to improve our Buffet. Al a Carte is always available as another dinning option.
We do certainly deal with many corporates and conferences, tourists also comprise and large number of our bookings, however this can be seasonal.
Thanking you

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were on a business trip and stayed 2 nights at the Mountain View. I was surprised by the amazing views I got from my room. The atmosphere was very peaceful and very quiet. Ideal to resource oneself. There was decent food at the breakfast buffet. However, we did not like the food for dinner: too oily cuisine. I was in room 3.

Room Tip: I was in room 3. Ask for valley facing rooms.
Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Patrick W, Owner at Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Chanda
We are most pleased you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your review which enables us to improve and which we do value. Whilst I am not sure what dinner choices you experienced, I will communicate your feedback with F&B and I ensure improvement.
Thanking you.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The view is the upside. I didn't like this hotel. I found the food to be terrible and there are much better alternatives out there. Its a old hotel. it has a moldy shower curtain and hairs in the bath and the bed. It was my last night is Swaziland and couldn't wait to get out. The aircon / heater is out dated and was leaking when I arrived. I think a soft refurb is required soon!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank 22Jayne
Patrick W, Owner at Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Jayne

We do sincerely apologies for the poor standards that you experienced. This is totally unacceptable and I will be pursuing this with both house keeping and Restaurant. There is no plausible reason for any guest to encounter such and certainly this will not be repeated.
Whilst we are an older hotel, we are constantly upgrading in all areas. At the moment we are removing baths and replacing with showers and softs in many rooms have been renewed. Air conditioners are also being replaced old for new.

Should you be visiting Swaziland again, please contact me directly and I will ensure you are compensated for your unfortunate experience.

Again our sincere apologies.

Patrick Ward

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My family had 2 rooms at the Mountain Inn. The views were amazing, the hospitality warm and the food nourishing. Over the 3 days we stayed the staff were helpful & catered to all our needs. Our rooms had modern showers & comfortable beds. Get up in the morning & look for miles down the valley. Overall great value for money. We were visiting in the winter, but in the summer they have a good size pool, outdoor huge chess and crazy golf. If you are staying in Mbabane then I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Patrick W, Owner at Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Tim D
Thank you so much for your review which is most appreciated. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and our restaurant.
Assuring you of our best attention.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at the Mountain View for three nights in August. The hotel is in Mbabane, in a quiet neighborhood of foreign Embassies and Consulates not far from the main highway and downtown Mbabane. The hotel has an older section which is ok but lacks a view and a new section (Rooms 1-24) that has a spectacular view down the valley and state of the art showers in most rooms. They have a restaurant (strangely called Friar Tuck) which has very good food at very reasonable prices. The breakfast buffet also has a good selection. The staff are very friendly and very helpful. We had a problem with the hot water the first day and they were quick to rectify this and compensate us for the inconvenience and were very responsive when I asked to be moved to a room with a view.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view...rooms 1-24
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Caramme

Thank you so much for your feed back. I do apologies for the hot water incident and am most pleased that it was corrected speedily. We are most pleased you enjoyed our service.
Thanking you and assuring you of our best attention.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Lovely hotel run by a family with efficient, well trained staff and the best views in Mbabane!
I would suggest that if you need to be in Mbabane, this is your best choice of hotel in the town. Rooms in the old wing have better views and better privacy.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your positive review. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had a long driving day to get to Mbabane, and it was so nice to end up at the Mountain Inn. The staff were super friendly. The room was clean and had everything we wanted, although it was a bit dated and worn. The view from the back courtyard is simply amazing. This seemed to be the main business hotel in Mbabane, based on the number of local business folks we saw at breakfast. It would seem to suit a business traveler more than a family or tourists. We were pleased with the quality and variety of the breakfast buffet (included in our room price)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maprunner
Patrick W, Owner at Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for your positive response to our facility. You review is most valued. We are in the process of upgrading furnishings which will update us.
Thanking you

Patrick

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mbabane
Mantenga Lodge
The Royal Villas
The Royal Villas
#3 of 6 in Ezulwini
Happy Valley Hotel & Casino

Been to Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!