Lisamin Safari Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

...and if you answer is Yes then you should consider visiting the restaurant of the Lisamin Safari Hotel. I visited it in June 2014 and had the best steak with mushroom sauce in years. The atmosphere of the restaurant outdoors was very cool and pleasant although it was very hot outside.
Once you are there you may wish to also check the rooms and perhaps stay in this nice place.
Definitely I would recommend this place to visiyors of Khartoum be it for business or for pleasure.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Arben72
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The night I arrived, I was greeted by a twin bedroom with dusty floors. I tried to ignore that thinking maybe they missed cleaning the floor. I went to the bathroom, the toilet tissue was brown and so are the towels. I thought it was just a discoloration. I then saw the toilettries basket that has gone white with dust and the shampoo bottles changed colours when I ran my finger on the packaging parting the dust. I checked the bed and flipped the blanket... I smelled dust.

I was transferred to a suite which is definitely cleaner but I couldn't stay in the bathroom longer than necessary because of the very bad smell. Sewer smell.

Breakfast was surprisingly limited to coffee, juice, toast and eggs. My water bottles were never replenished. Every time my bedroom was made up, I would always find a hair strand. One time short and curly. The next time mid length and straight. Hay.

Room Tip: Call in advance to ensure your room is ready for occupancy. Bring breakfast food or snacks if you're not ok with just toast and eggs every single day.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2012

From the moment I entered the hotel I found everything I hoped for.
Warm, friendly hospitality, professional attitude. All in all, the atmosphere starting from the lobby to the rooms is full iof coziness with an admirable combination of African exotics both Saharan and Subsaharan. The very clean rooms offer full comfort, airconditioning and a well fitted bathroom. The restaurant with a Lebanese chef offer the best taste covering the whole variety of dishes even to please the mostly spoiled guests.
In one word: supreme luxury in the heart of Saharan Africa.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tom M
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I stayed several times in Lisamin Safari hotel. It is a very comfortable hotel, the rooms are clean, the airco and internet work, the restaurant is good and the main thing is that the staff are very welcoming.

Al Amarat, where the hotel is located, is outside the center of Khartoum and for most too far to walk from the Nile river, but with a taxi or tuktuk every location in Khartoum can be reached easily. The advantage is that it is not in the area with continuous trafic jams.
Being ranked 7th out of 20 of Khartoum hotels does not do it justice.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank PPQ1946
Reviewed November 4, 2009

There are more expensiv hotels who do not give the same satisfaction. Service was very good, even when my lack of "lokal behavior" propebly shine true. Good resturant. Nice rooms. My oase in Khartoum.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple