“do not stay there”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Khartoum
Grand Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Khartoum
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Khartoum
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My trip to Sudan in the last week was a memorable one, wonderful people, diverse country, and tasty food. Pity about the hotel though, dirty, no hot water, towels not changed, and shampoos not replaced. The noise and disturbance also unbelievable, and the TV is depressing with very few channels and bad image ,I dreaded coming to my room at night and could not wait to leave in the morning. Hotel management is not great either, despite the complaints little was done.I bet from the time of Winston Churchill who presumably stayed here no renovation or cleaning was done.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nadine k

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This classical colonial hotel has just been renovated and now managed by a new administration. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Spacious rooms with high ceiling and open environment. Food, service and amenities are excellent. Huge swimming pool where I spent my evenings puffing on 'shisha'. Real value for money. Memorable stay.

Room Tip: Nile view is best
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Haris564
Reviewed June 15, 2013

After two weeks in Khartoum, I am flying back to UK. My company had booked my stay with Hotel Corinthia. Services in this hotel were fine but I felt that I was trapped in a bubble – claustrophobic and artificial environment. Walking down on the Nile Road on the second day of my stay, I saw a hotel named Grand Holiday Villa just couple of blocks away from the hotel I was staying in. I found out that it was a historical building, built in late 1800 A.D. It offered open environment and after checking the facilities, I shifted to this hotel for the rest of my stay.
I had a memorable stay in this hotel. The rooms were big and amenities were excellent. The restaurant at lobby level served nice buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The staff told me that the hotel was completely renovated after a new management took over a year ago. The hotel has a large open air swimming pool and reasonably good gym. I thoroughly enjoyed sitting at the pool terrace and in the hotel gardens. I am a nature lover and I felt to be at home in this hotel because the staff was friendly and the service was pretty good. I had an excellent stay.

Room Tip: Ask For Nile View In The Main Block
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank adampaul244
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Against all advises, I still took a chance to move in to Grand Holiday Villa. Things have changed. It is buzzling with business, clean environment and extremely professional and courteous staff. The management has and is trying to make it better.
MOHSIN

Room Tip: Rooms on the Nile side are the best with a view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MohsinK_13
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We went there to see the place but didn't stay after seeing how dirty it appeared. The pool was green although people were inside it. We saw dead cockroaches on the pavements - not a good sign. It is truly a magnificent historic building - including a Churchill room - but honestly, we chose the Corinthian and were very happy there. It has a Malaysian feel to is - great dark wood and front terrace that probably at one time graced the Nile, but the Nile road and a metal structure along the river block that view. We live in Qatar and thought if one of our sheikhs bought it and remodeled it, it would be great, but first he'd have to level the "newer" section. Locals say that Malaysians stay here, and next door is the hotel where the Chinese stay, and next to that is the Corinthian where we stayed and smiled!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Directeur0
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The joke was clearly on me. This classic colonial hotel is in fact a dirty, sweaty, hot (the AC was barely working) hotel with crappy service and no Internet. The swimming pool was snot green and the food was foul. Having said that Khartoum was fascinating for a visit and the location is great. The corinthia is also excellent next door if you want to stay somewhere nice.

Room Tip: Go to the corinthia.
Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank wheelewa
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

This advertises itself as a 5 star hotel. In international terms, it's more like 2-3. The rooms are very variable -the first I stayed in had a bathroom you would expect in a 1-2 star hotel and the second had a filthy terrace that was bricked in. Bedding in the first room was stained, though the sheets appeared to be clean. Food is adequate but overpriced. But the staff are amazing - very friendly and hospitable and they alone made the stay memorable.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Alastair A

Been to Grand Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Khartoum? Share your experiences!