“What a nice place in Khartoum” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of German Guesthouse Khartoum

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Khartoum
German Guesthouse Khartoum
Ranked #6 of 19 Khartoum B&B and Inns
Prishtina
“What a nice place in Khartoum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I have visited this place few times while on a business trip in Sudan in February 2014.
This is a very nice place that can offer you relaxed moment in a great atmosphere and very nice music. It is located few minutes drive from the airport and the prices are very reasonable.
The owner of the place is a very kind German person and the main waiter (George) is also there to help you.
I would definitely recommend it to all of you visiting Khartoum.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Arben72

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

Great hotel to stay in while in Khartoum. Very close to the city center and restaurants. The staff was very helpful and understanding. Food at the hotel restaurant is also really good and there is free WiFi. Loved the tilapia and fries. I also had a great time at the hotel's fitness center which has a great coach. Would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed here for three nights in April. One of my best stays in Africa. GGH makes it easy. They were extremely prompt in responding to our questions, and my travel buddy and I were a bit hesitant to venture into Sudan. We had tons of questions, about how to get to Khartoum from the Ethiopian border, registration, money changing, and even tour guides. GGH answered all of our questions promptly and tried to get us as much information as possible. They even arranged to pick us up from the bus station when we got in at 11 PM at night. We were shown to our air conditioned room and shown the kitchen area where there was some dinner still left. The staff was always courteous, and made an effort to arrange whatever it was me might need, from sim cards to money changing to registration. The beds were comfortable, the laundry service was very helpful. The food would be my only gripe - always "continental" and a bit bland although I admit I only stayed a limited number of nights. I saw the staff eating some more traditional food for their lunch one day and I really wouldn't have minded that as one of the offerings. I also felt a bit isolated in the compound, but the rest of our stay in Sudan more than made up for it. And staying here was by choice, and I should have expected it.

The other guests were usually some sort of business people, either there for a few weeks or longer in some cases, so a great place to find out about the expat experience in Khartoum, and it was interesting to learn what everyone did, but didn't necessarily see too many travelers staying here that were just passing through, like us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've stayed for one month and I would love to come back again.I can hardly find any words to descibe how special is this place..it has its own charm that can make it easily top a five star hotel in my eyes..this charm lies in the people, this staff that is full of kindness, love , and wormth. they are the best ever in hospitality, I felt being with family and simply at home..Thank you Herman, Mistawt, Halima, Abd ELrahman, Hanna, Omima, Abd elRaheem, Wadeea,Omar, Amina,Mulu, Somaya, Sabber, Hamoudi, Serr and all other members, I love you

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Marwa M
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have to admit that I do not write reviews easily as one's experience may be not representative or just been exposed to part of the picture. However, I had the chance of staying in this guest house as a regular guest but also after a very unfortunate event that happened outside the scope of this guest house, which really left me in a very disadvantage situation there. I have no words to thank the staff for everything they did for me those difficult days to make me feel safe, entertained, well accompanied and ease my worries until I could leave the country. Situations like that really test the true nature of the staff and they scored 10 out of 10! All my appreciation and admiration for them!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank elisabeth g
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Very basic large clean rooms. More like a backbackers lodge. Breakfast, basic, just cornflakes coffee and eggs. Lunches is soup and salad.Dinner isa pasta or rice dish.There is no choices like in a buffet. One can help oneself to as much water bottles and soft drinks in the fridge and all this is included in the room price which is extremely reasonable. They have a driver that will pick you and drop you at the airport and also take you sighteeing. Will i recommend this place yes and I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KalahariAustralia
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

From the moment I sent an email to the German Guesthouse, they were fantastic!! Their reponses to my many questions via email were so quick and helpful. They picked us up at midnight all helped us with all the paperwork that is required in Sudan. They made our trip completely hassle free and relaxed. Everyone that was staying there were so friendly, making us feel instantly welcome. The rooms and food were great. Our stay was wonderful and I would higly recommend this place to anyone. A fantastic introduction to Sudan!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Returnt0sender

Been to German Guesthouse Khartoum? Share your experiences!