“Good business hotel in central Khartoum”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Khartoum
Regency Hotel - Khartoum
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Khartoum
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Good business hotel in central Khartoum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

I stay here regularly for business, one or two nights and have to say it is a good base, well located just 10 minutes from the airport.
I agree with other posters that the hotel is dated and can be a little dirty in places, but staff are helpful and the turkish coffee is fantastic!
Wifi in lobby and on the 4th floor works well and at a great speed.
Staff very helpful, if a little slow!
Breakfast is ample and they will adhere to any extras you require.
Room service is prompt and inexpensive.

Room Tip: 4th Floor has good Wifi!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank travelgeo1988

Families
Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

We were booked into this hotel by our travel agent and stayed 3 nights there. The hotel is quite old and it is visible in everything (lobby environment, room furniture, bathrooms). However, once you get past this point - it is a decent and comfortable place to stay in Khartoum. They have both wi fi and cable internet (for free), which was very convenient. There is even a swimming pool, however, we did not try it.

The location was good: 10 min by car from the airport.
The staff generally friendly, smiling and greeting you in the morning. They make good coffee in lobby bar.
Breakfast was very nice as well. They do eggs / omlett for you the way you like; good variety of food choices, I liked the pasteries as well.
Rooms: very spacious, we were actually surprised, however, a bit dusty and oldish. One day there was a sand cloud in Khartoum and the rooms became full of dust, because the windows cannot be fully sealed. But well, it was part of the experience.
Overall: we enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank anchi100
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

This hotel is a good choice for a short stay or business trip for khartoum
Rooms are good but old furniture and small size for twin rooms
Prices are are good for the value of this choice
Location is perfect at city center
I would suggest this hotel if you like average price hotel for a short trip to khartoum

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank khg1972
Amman, Jordan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

I stayed 3 nights at the Regency (LeMeredien before), although I found it much better than 2 other hotels that were recommended, but still poor experience, room space is fine but lacks cleanness , you need to change the sheets and towel as I could not figure out what color were they.....

Breakfast was OK comparing to the other hotel I stayed in before.
They claim free WiFi however I could not connect from my room and I had to go to the lobby when I needed to connect.
Sound of traffic will wake you up very early, room windows are not sound proof!

One should investigate another options....

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Mihyar
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

I staid at the Regency for about a week. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are adequate but do not expect any luxury. The breakfast is ok and the architecture of the hotel is pretty out of date.

Free Internet in the hotel. Coverage pretty good.
Overall impression: it fits the purpose as a simple business hotel

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Keijzers
tarigko, General Manager at Regency Hotel - Khartoum, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your feedback we will try to exceed basic by adding more services and always trying to improve.

We have upgraded our breakfast and general food services as well as provided more entertainment in the lobby area, but will lways try to improve.

Thanks for staying with us and next time will try to meet you in person and provide more enjoyment to your stay.

best regards
tarig osman
general manager
Its a Secret
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2011

I have stayed at the Regency (previously Meridian) Hotel a number of times over the last 5 years on business trips to Khartoum . It is very well located downtown, and therefore staying here avoids lengthy periods of sitting in your car in the ever worsening Khartoum traffic on your way to/from meetings.

The recent refurbishment has certainly improved the rooms and the ease of using the hotel for business trips. In particular the in-room internet access is pretty good and the new beds are amongs the most comfortable I have slept on in Africa (although note I like my bed realtively firm!). A shame that the re-fit does not appear to have included the aircon which is still noisey and somewhat hit and miss in terms of controlling the temperature in the rooms. I have had to change rooms a few times in order to get one with working aircon. I don't think that all the rooms have been refurbished as yet, but would recommend paying the extra for one that is.

What has not changed since I started coming here is the helpfulness, friendliness and hospitality of the staff. They are great and do try to help when there are issues that need to be addressed (like turning on the aircon for the whole hotel in the middle of their 'winter' becuse I was still too hot!).

I can't comment on how it compares to the new hotels on the river, but at the price its a good solid choice.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Lrd_Lucan
tarigko, Manager at Regency Hotel - Khartoum, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
Dear Sir/Madam,

We have just upgraded all our AC units and hopefully next time you stay with us you will enjoy the new comfort.

We do apologize for the inconvenience and hopefully next time you stay we can make it up to you.
Please inform the reception when you are checking in about your past experience and we will make it up to you.

Best Regards

Tarig Osman
wichita, ks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

The personalized service and friendly staff made my stay comfortable and unforgettable. The little details made all the difference. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Khartoum!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
tarigko, General Manager at Regency Hotel - Khartoum, responded to this review, June 25, 2010
The pleasure was all ours, we were honored to have you and the family.

Been to Regency Hotel - Khartoum? Share your experiences!