“One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in”

Radisson Blu Mammy Yoko Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Freetown
London
“One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in”
Reviewed February 29, 2008

This was the filthiest of hotels I've ever stayed in, especially for the price. If this was a backpackers hostel and only $20 I would have expected the standard but not at $140.

I'm not sure if we were just unlucky as we arrived late and when we were shown to our room it was the one closest to reception which made me think that this is one for the staff and I wonder if the person at front desk was just being lazy. The TV was on when we got in too which made me think the room was already being used.

The air-conditioning did work but the gaping holes it left in the walls meant that the room was full of mosquitoes and I killed quite a few before going to bed which felt slightly damp. The bed itself had an incredibly uncomfortable mattress and the bathroom was filthy. I could see hair on the floor and sink from previous occupants and also scum around the bath.

For about $20 less we left and went to the Bitumani up the road which was paradise compared to here.

I understand the standards are different from Western Hotels but when you are paying Western prices you at least expect the place to be clean even if everything else is a little down trodden. This hotel was originally chosen as it was part of the UN complex and because of this there was an assumption it would be a slightly different standard, this was obviously not the case.

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — Arriving!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
12 Thank syh1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 3, 2004

MammayYoko is a nice, clean hotel across the helicopter port where you arrive coming from Lungui International Airport visiting Freetown. It is near the beautiful beaches of Freetown #1 #2 and Aberdeen. The hotel is runned by Chinese and the only complain I have are the beds. The matresses are hard as stone but the rooms are clean, nice and with all luxery one can think of. I would say- very nice. For more information on Sierra Leone visit -------------------------------

38 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freetown
Swiss Spirit Hotel & Suites Freetown
#1 of 1 in Dublin Island
Family Kingdom Resort
Family Kingdom Resort
#7 of 15 in Freetown

Been to Radisson Blu Mammy Yoko Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Radisson Blu Mammy Yoko Hotel

Property: Radisson Blu Mammy Yoko Hotel
Address: 17 Lumley Beach Road | Aberdeen, Freetown, Sierra Leone
Location: Sierra Leone > Western Area > Freetown
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Freetown
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:3 star — Radisson Blu Mammy Yoko Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Rezidor, Priceline, Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your Radisson Blu Mammy Yoko Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.