All reviews definitely stay here again common areas yogurt sylvie guesthouse awa khadi ngor soap taxi airport ac africa neighborhood driver cfa
Selected filters
Reviewed October 14, 2018

I had a great time staying here and will definitely stay there if I go back to Dakar. For a female solo traveler, it was perfect and felt super safe and welcoming.

Things I liked:
- Rooms are nice, light, clean and have a personal touch. Everything works (AC, shower, hot water, Wi-Fi) and bed was comfy.
- Food was really good and they also managed to prepare delicious vegetarian meals for me (very appreciated).
- The staff were super friendly and always ready to help. All of staff I met were female and I really appreciated this, it just gave the place a super safe and welcoming ambiance.
- Location was great (walking distance to shops, beach etc)

Room tip: I stayed in room 7 and loved it
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank Elina S
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

Nice simple room in a good location in downtown Dakar. Good AC and shower. About 45 min from the international airport. The breakfast was very good and the staff was great. I would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2018

I loved this place so much I've been trying to get it onto another rating site, but they don't deal with Africa. My wife and I took a long planned trip to Senegal to see/be in Africa and go to Goree Island to pay homage to her ancestors. This hotel is so affordable and comfortable. My French is non-existent. Stephani studied a bit in advance in preparation. The owner, who speaks English, was out of town for the week. Everyone (especially Awa, the manager) was very patient with us as Stephani tried to use French. The chef, Khady, loved practicing her English with us. She is also an AMAZING chef. She actually had Stephani eating rice, coffee, carrotts and I think a few other things that she NEVER consumes!!!
Everyone was so nice, we tipped them as much as we could to show our appreciation. They also went above and beyond for us when there was a misunderstanding even after we finally understood and told them they didn't have to do it.
They can help you set up tours and give you ideas of places to go and hook you up with an English speaking cab driver if you can't speak French. Abdoulaye English isn't Fluent by any means, but he loves learning more and took really good care of us.
Note about the sites: There are Vendors everywhere and drive a hard bargain. Remember that they won't sell you something if they are losing money on it so go ahead an bargain with them. It is a way of life and can be fun with the right attitude.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Misha1by
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

I spent a month in Dakar for work and stayed at Villa 126. A small guesthouse owned by Sylvie, beautifully decorated with a fantastic service provided by Awa and the rest of the team. Food served is really excellent, I had some of my best meals there - make sure to try Khady’s cooking. I will stay there again next time i am in dakar. You should too!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank berengereSA
Reviewed June 12, 2018

My stay here was wonderful. I felt completely taken care of. The staff are fantastic - very nice and accommodating. Breakfast and dinner were tasty. I would certainly stay here again if I have the opportunity to return.

Room tip: Second floor room is away from the street noise and fairly quiet. 10 minute ride to monument. 25 to downtown.
Date of stay: June 2018