I just came back after staying in this hotel for almost 8 days. Below is my review for users checking out this place.
1. Rooms: Quite spacious and french style. Bathrooms are big and every room has an aircon, minibar, locker facility, etc.. Cleanliness is something that is lacked here. It can be dusty inside and the bedsheets are all faded and torn. Curtains are also dusty.
2.Breakfast: The breakfast is really sad. It consist of danish rolls, french bread, croissant, yogurt, orange juice, eggs and coffee everyday.
3. Accessibility: It is bang right in the center of the city. It is surrounded by restaurants and small shops, but it is not a safe place, dakar in general. My mobile was stolen on the first day in the 5 min walk back from one of the nearest restaurants to the hotel. I went to the police station and saw a lot of people with bruised cheeks and swollen jaws all beaten up and everything taken away.
4. Restaurant: The restaurant / bar from 7:30pm to 2:00am on the ground floor is good. I really loved the food they served. You can also ask the receptionist to order any food you want and it can get delivered to the hotel or one of the staff will go and collect it, which is a much safer way to get food. There are italian, indian, african and arabic restaurants in walking distance from the hotel.
5. Service: Their service is really good. The people are really friendly and can help you with anything. Do contact the reception if you need any kind of information or help like taxi, somebody to accompany you for security purposes.
6. Security & Architecture: The hotel security is good and follows the old french architecture. Lift is kinda old and small. The stairs are winding.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel la Croix du Sud reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.