“A hotel which I will return again”
Review of King Fahd Palace

King Fahd Palace
Ranked #35 of 43 Hotels in Dakar
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Although it is located a bit far from city center but as its service is very good I can say that it is one of the very good hotels which I have stayed. Its price is acceptable ( I had special reservation) and paid 200$ each night including breakfast

Room Tip: Rooms with Ocean view are very beautiful. It is very quite.
1  Thank AliElmi

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stayed here for 8 nights for a conference. I insisted for an ocean view room but was not given one. They also made me wait about 2 hours for my room (even though I arrived at 5pm, well after check in time) and I heard they made many many people who were at my conference wait for that long or even longer. That shows a lack of organization at their end and a lack of concern for guests' comfort--weary people who are arriving after hours and hours of travelling (if coming from out of country like I was).

During the stay, I had little cause for complaint though. The room was decent, cleaned every day and hot water in my room was aplenty, though I heard from some people they didn't have any for the entire duration of their visit. I was on the 5th floor, facing the main road.

The hotel is near the airport, so a good 30 minute taxi ride into the main downtown area of Dakar. Outside of the hotel itself though, there is a little strip with a few seafood restaurants at one end of the street (past the US embassy) that overlook the sea, which were nice to go to for the food and breeze. Walking in the opposite direction (about 7-8 minutes walk) down the road, there is a nice Moroccan restaurant that I ended up visiting more than once during my stay, it was really good food with a really nice owner named Sadia.

Breakfast is included in the room rent (at the Le Manguier) and was superb with a wide variety of options and a fresh omelette station, really loved the omelettes and the fresh seasonal fruit, like mango, papaya and pineapple.

The Les jardins de l'ocean is also a nice restaurant with scenic views of the Atlantic ocean as well as Ile d'Goree and a good buffet lunch menu that I had one of the days.

Walking out of the lobby area towards the poolside bar area is a real treat, with a grand view of the ocean. If you continue walking you get to the beach area which is nice. Some kids were playing football when I went and it was nice. The beach is quite narrow though, so only some room for sunbathing, there were also some rocks so not the best area to go into the water. If you keep walking (opposite from the golf course area) you get to a nice promontory into the sea where you can sit and enjoy the view of the waves crashing and some people surfing among them. I spent one evening reading and people watching on the tip of the promontory and it was very pleasant.

One of the continuous annoyances was the slightly unprofessional attitude of the staff. They also had some renovations underway and one day all the elevators were out of order. Had to climb up and down five flights of stairs. Not fun!

The reception also charged me USD120 as security deposit on my card, which they 'charged' rather than 'blocked' and upon leaving I asked them to reverse the transaction and they said they did, but they hadn't. I had to come back home and contest the charges and so far, nothing.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Did a business trip to Dakar and stayed at this fine hotel. The front desk staff very helpful and service orientated. The complimentary Airport Shuttle a pleasant experience with smiling drivers. Breakfast excellent and the hotel beach restaurant and pool bar located with beautiful views of the ocean. The pool area equal to, or even better than anything I've seen at other top hotels. The standard room which I had is pretty average and does nor offer self made tea/coffee. All in all, a very nice experience and I'd happily stay there again.

Room Tip: I simply enjoy a room close to the elevators for convenience. It appears as though all rooms have ar...
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Great hotel, clean, comfortable beds. A few nicks in the tub but, not a big deal. Breakfast was wonderful. Most of the staff speak both French and English although, most of the tv stations are in French. Was stranded on a flight and Delta put us up at this hotel overnight, was SO happy as it took almost a day for them to get another plane. Grounds back up to the water although, it's a bit rocky but, nice to dip your toes in. Nice pool, small workout area. All the staff were very pleasant and helpful. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Extremely overpriced hotel. Avoid. Service is of very low quality. Food is mediocre. Room smelled badly, A/C in room was not working properly, and make terrible noise. A/C did not function in all parts of the hotel. Behind TVs and cabinets lots of dirt. Internet connection is close to useless. Try not to leave anything in your room because staff can steal your belongings. Hookers walk through the hotel's lobby and swimming pool area at night and openly approach clients.

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I cant express how much i enjoyed my 2 day stay in dakar!!
D hotel has beautiful rooms, great food and excellent staff .. Very professional n caring.

I left my silver jewelry in d room n realized it days later wen i landed back in dubai....
Was so worried.. Called d hotel staff to inform dem how d jewelry was emotionally valuable to me because it belonged to my grandmother.

The lady at d reception said, " dont worry madam... Its our duty to keep your belongings safe for you!!!"

Wowwww!!!
My friend collected the jewelry for me within a week.

Thanks a ton king fahd palace hotel!!!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

By standards in Dakar, the King Fahd is a nice hotel. The staff could use better training for service as quite a few employees are rude, slow and not helpful. The rooms are clean and stay nice and cool with air conditioners that work well. Breakfast is wonderful, but expensive for what it is. The property seemed secure and while I was there, a conference was attended by government officials so I felt safe. I absolutely loved the pool. For my stay, I was able to do some work and enjoy the leisure. It is not as 5 star as other parts of the world, but for Dakar, I would definitely recommend it.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business