All reviews rooftop restaurant quiet side street local hotel nice hotel perfect stay minute walk location is great every morning stayed here for nights breakfast buffet the radisson blu corniche neighborhood airport coast resto jazz
Selected filters
Reviewed December 11, 2018 via mobile

Hotel Djoloff is a great local hotel perfectly situated in a quiet little neighborhood about a three minute walk to the main Corniche road. While my meetings were scattered around Dakar, I found this location to be only a 15 minute drive to the downtown commercial district.

The hotel is fairly simple be very comfortable. The rooms are on the small side but very clean. The front desk and housekeeping staff were always very courteous and attentive. The restaurant is located on the rooftop and is a great place for food and drinks. Great breeze off the ocean at night.

I like eating local when I travel and found several great local corner restaurant establishments very close to the hotel. I also found an amazing fish market just a couple of blocks from the hotel on the beach, adjacent to where all the local fishing boats launch from. Every afternoon, dozens of fish vendors sell the daily catch. I soon figured out that you can buy fish and then for a less than a $1, you pay another woman to clean and season your fish and then grill it over charcoal. The absolute freshest and tastiest fish you’ll ever have with your pick of 40 plus variety of fish and crustaceans. I bought a couple of fish, some huge shrimp and some scallops (all have been fresh plucked from the water less than an hour or two earlier) and had them all bought, cleaned and grilled for less than $4 all in. The grill lady had her own little table with benches so you would eat it all on the spot on plates she provided. I would have never experienced this had I stayed at one of the big 5 star hotels miles away in the ritzy part of town.

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed December 2, 2018

Very beautiful hotel, well decorated, well restorated, well located. Offers an underground jazz scene too. The layout of the hotel is beautifully arranged, with the stairs that takes you to the rooftop terrace where you have breakfast (very good one too) and where you can have dinner and lunch (been eating there a couple of times), food being very nice as well. Rooms are pretty too, of good size with a nice bathroom. Service is great, all the staff is nice and welcoming.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2018

This old hotel has become fashionable, which is good and not-so-good. The rooms are well appointed but seem to have become smaller than I remember from the past. The people who staff the hotel are, as ever, delightful. At the desk, in the rooftop resto, in the halls, they are kind a helpful.

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

This hotel has all that is good and all that is bad. Starting with the good: the staff are super friendly, and the terrace restaurant and bar joining the rooftop breakfast is very quaint and funky, but can become uncomfortable during high humidity. Breakfast is limited to continental, but it’s probably to humid for an English breakfast. I did like the lunch and dinner though. The bad part of this hotel is that it’s somewhat of a gamble with the rooms. For my previous stay i was lucky. For this stay I got a room that smelled of mold (damp) with mold on the bathroom walls. As it was a short stay I decided to not complain - I should have. My advice is to check the room before unpacking.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

This was my third stay at the Djoloff a d it had become a real home from home. Welcoming and professional staff, excellent restaurant and, for the first time, I experienced a superior room - a significant upgrade on the standard rooms. It's a hotel I certainly plan to come back to. My only areas for improvement would be the shower (more power please!) and proper curtains - the slatted shutters let in too much light for a light sleeper like me. Otherwise keep up the excellent work!

Date of stay: August 2018