“Clean, comfortable, close to the airport”
Review of Fleur de Lys Hotel

Fleur de Lys Hotel
Ranked #36 of 97 Dakar B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Lovely terrace restaurant with views looking out to sea. The hotel is really close to the airport, which is very convenient and surprisingly quiet. There's a good shuttle service from the airport.
Rooms are basic but fine.
Wi-fi connection was fast and worked well throughout the hotel. Close to lots of clubs in the Amadines area.
Work-wise - they had excellent simultaneous translation facilities.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Fleur de Lys Hotel

Reviewed August 25, 2012

If you can believe this, I just spent almost 2 months at the Fleur de Lys Hotel in Dakar. The hotel is clean, the staff is nice and some of the fishes dishes on the menu are very good. If you are in Dakar and need to a place to stay that is close to the airport or one of the many offices in this area, this is a good choice.

The restaurant is a downside to this place. I found the fishes dishes to be good but many of the other items were over priced for the quality. After a while I started just ordering things that should be on any hotel that caters to international travelers. I was amazed at how many items I came up with that they were able to prepare but were not on the menu. So...the restaurant is a bit strange. Luckily, there are some very good dinning options within walking distance.

Fleur de Lys is not the Radisson Blue, but it about a half to a third of the price.

Room Tip: On each floor, the number 5 and 6 rooms seem to have a bit more space.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Very good view for the restaurant on the terrace but the rooms are just ok and facilities are not upto the mark.

Internet did not work for 2 days and requests to the front desk was met with a request to come and browse from the lounge :-(

The room or the bathroom was not cleaned when I came back after work in the evening

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2011

The shuttle service impressed every time... and we used it three times in four days on our transit through Dakar.

Arriving late and leaving early, the check-in and out was smooth. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The view from the roof-top restaurant is great and makes for a good evening reflective-drink spot with a good view of the remarkable (no further comment) African Renaissance Monument.

One strange thing happenned. Arriving at 4 AM on our first stay, I managed a few hours sleep, but was woken by an insistent knocking at 9. Before I could respond, a man was in my room counting out the bottles in the bar fridge. He was quick but disconcerting. At least I made my meeting.

Room Tip: Fourth floor rooms below the restaurant and bar can be noisy
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank TimbavatiTrent
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I go once a month for business and I'm always pleased with it. The hotel is clean and the beds are comfortable. Wi-Fi is always working well and the food at the restaurant is honest. I had tomato sauce on my last white shirt before taking off to the airport and the waiter magically make it disappear with a special trick!!! My boarding pass is always printed from the desk downstairs and gives it to me with a smile.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank juliegeo
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Checked in and was not impressed with the cleanness of the hotel. But I thaught I will just tough it out for the few days I was in Dakar. The next day though I found cockoraches in my room which is directly under the breakfast area. Yukks! When I complained about the problem I focused on the receptionsts' faces to see if they would look surpriised. Well, they were not. But I learned how to say cockoroach in French so I guess this is something.

When I checked out the credit card machine was not working and I did not have other means to pay! This is not all -- they had the manual credit card device "copier" in their office at the airport, so I was told I needed to go to the airport to do the transaction and since I was checking out but not leaving the country this was a problem.

Bottomline, if you don't mind cleanness and having cockoraches crowling around, this hotel is not a bad place. But, I don't know how the World this hotel is a four-star hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Makfua
Reviewed February 10, 2011

The Fleur de Lys has two big advantages: the panoramic views from the 5th floor restaurant, and the rooftop swimming pool.
Connectivity is all right. Cable TV is mostly in French and Arabic.
Excellent for those who need to be close to the airport; not so good for those with business in the city center. Opposite the UN country office, easy walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business