“cool place to be at”

Le Ngor
Ranked #6 of 207 Restaurants in Dakar
Cuisines: African, French, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant. We stopped in for lunch on the recommendation of our hotel and were charmed by the decor and the location of the restaurant. The staff was very friendly and put us at a table overlooking the ocean and a small private beach (very very clean !!). The food, fresh seafood tagliatelle for me and the grilled steak for my husband, was delicious. We enjoyed the restaurant so much, food and ambiance,that we decided to return the next night for dinner. This was even better if possible. Ocean view, moonlight and waves crashing on the beach, with a wonderful "chicken Yasa" and grilled fish was more than we could have asked for. Then it got better as the manager "Alpha" suggested we have our final drinks on the beach. No better way to end our vacation than sitting on a moonlit beach sipping drinks. When we return to Dakar the restaurant Ngor will definitely be a stop and we would recommend to anyone who likes great food and ambiance !!! Bon Voyage
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The restaurant offers a great variety of delicious tappas and main dishes in a beautiful set-up. The service is very competent, welcoming and friendly. A place I will go back to!

There are newer reviews for Le Ngor

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Highly recommended! You have your choice of tapas in the restaurant to the left as you enter or the regular menu in the restaurant to the right. There is a bar and it's pleasant to sit on the terrace and watch the sunset and the sea as you drink or eat. Other reviews say the menu seems a bit expensive, but my experience is that it seems worth it given the ambiance. Service was good and we didn't have to wait all that long - maybe new management? I liked my poulet yassa, but my partner said she didn't think the curry was that great. The other seafood plates looked fine, so don't let this put you off.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The good stuff about le Ngor is its location. Otherwise the food is average, the service as equally bad as in many other places in Senegal.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

What a treasure this place is. You sit literally next to the waves.

You can select either the Tapas bar or the restaurant and they recently opened a night bar as well.

The tapas part is particularly nice for a sundowner and they serve different selections of tapas there plus regular dishes like burgers etc.

The restaurant is very pleasant, offering mostly freshly grilled dishes (fish, seafood & meat) but also decent salads which is quite rare in Dakar.

It's not cheap but by no means expensive. As everything is freshly prepared it takes its time. For lunch they usually have a plat du jour which is a bit quicker.

If it's not high tide, you can also relax in a deckchair on the little quiet beach. Ideal if you have children!

All in all a real treasure, with its location directly at the sea with the waves rolling in, view of Mamelles, and its totally hassle-free relaxed atmosphere. I'd say it is even worth coming here if you are staying in the center of Dakar.

What would be really cool is if they had a proper bar. I was sometimes there by myself and while I didn't mind sitting at the table reading my paper, it would actually have been really nice to sip a sundowner at a proper bar together with a couple of other single guests instead of everyone at their own table.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This was my favorite place to eat in Dakar. The restaurant is right on the water...the seafood is great....the service is as good as it gets on the beach in Dakar.

For those of you who are staying in downtown Dakar, it is worth the trip up to the point to eat here.

On the weekends this place is very popular with the expat community.

The grilled fish, grilled shrimp and shrimp curry were all great. Not the cheapest place but the best location.