“West Africa best Hotel!!!!!”
Review of Terrou-Bi

Terrou-Bi
Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in Dakar
Oslo
“West Africa best Hotel!!!!!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed for a forthnight with family. My son and I loved the pool,and beach. Food was very good, in bistro and by the pool. Ik fact the room service dinner in those evenings we stayed in, I still have never eaten so good fish in my room (even in Europe)
Staff is friendly, service minded and very nice, my french is poor but most staff had passable english, some even better than mine. ( im norwegian) so if you can afford it, this is the best place I have stayed in counting Benin, Niger and Dakar.
It even beats many fine hotels in Europe, clean rooms, even the public bath room in the lobby was shining.

Cudos to the staff and managment, thanks for a wonderful stay,

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FamilyViking
terroubi, Directeur Marketing at Terrou-Bi, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you very much for leaving a comment on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at the Terrou-Bi Hotel.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the services' quality of our team.
We are looking forward to see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This hotel is a very good choice for Dakar visitors. The rooms are spacious, the bathroom is 5-star and the hotel is architecturally nice, stretching along the private beach, all well designed and maintained. Staff is polite and quick.

Room Tip: Sea view is good however in the afternoon very hot due to sunset.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
terroubi, Directeur Marketing at Terrou-Bi, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
The Terrou-Bi Hotel is proud to be your ally for your business trip in Dakar. Thanl you for your trust.
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I was there for a business trip and the experience was good. The rooms were quite new and very confortable, like any major business hotels. The WIFI connectivity was good and the swimming pool too. It is a good location next to the beach and next to major consulates and embassies. I could be going back with my famliy for a Dakar visit.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Osseja_01
Camille C, Marketing Director at Terrou-Bi, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
We appreciate your kind compliments and will be very happy to welcome you with your family or for another business trip.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The hotel scene in Dakar has really improved in recent years, and the Terrou-Bi is one of the places that has provided a new option to business and leisure travelers. I was there on business, but I can imagine taking my family as well: the rooms were comfortable, new, and clean, and the beach outside the hotel is unique to central Dakar area hotels (not the only hotel with a beach, but this one is protected - calm for kids to swim in, clean, and has plenty of beach leisure amenities). The staff were great - representing the very best of friendly and helpful Senegalese. I travel to Dakar often and will be torn about where to stay next (as there are a couple of good hotels there now) - but the Terrou-Bi will definitely be on my list.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
The Terrou-Bi Team is very proud to make you live a unique experience in Dakar.
London
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I've stayed in a number of Dakar hotels on business but this one was just right. A cheaper and nicer hotel than the one next door, with a good numbers of places to eat. Their grilled prawns are to die for! Top notch! Will come for sure.

Room Tip: A room with a sea view - very nice!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This is a really gorgeous place, yet didn't feel as chichi as Alkima. It overlooks the water and on the first level, you can walk out and look over the water and at the beach. There's also a nightclub there. Upstairs is an indoor restaurant and they have a modest bar, but an amazing bartender who creates fantastic concoctions. I ate here as part of a special event so I didn't order off the menu, but I found out later that what I ordered, they do have on the menu. I had a salad followed by the grouper. It was very good, of course fresh and cooked very well! It's a nice room, but people were there in tee shirts as well as more nicely-dressed.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We paid what I consider to be an astronomical price for this hotel as an add-on to cruise. We stayed over New Year for three nights, which might partly account for the very high price. The room (sea-view) was very nice, a good size, a huge bed with good bedding, and a nice bathroom with bath and separate shower, good towels and toiletries. We had a nice little balcony with a table and chairs. The breakfast was good - an extensive buffet, though there were no breads which were to our taste - we'd have liked wholemeal, or a brown bread that wasn't sweet. However, when in Dakar....! Incidentally, when we went to breakfast on 1st Jan there were hardly any staff available to serve us, and we had to be early as we were off out on a tour for the day.
We had two major issues - the food was of very variable quality. One lunch time I ordered a Calzone Pizza, and when I cut it open a raw egg spilled out. Of the dozens of staff standing round nobody seemed to care, and I had to say that I did not intend to pay for it, otherwise they'd have happily put it on my bill, even though I asked them to take it away. Another day, two of us ordered Club Sandwiches which were truly dreadful - we can confidently say they were the worst we have had anywhere in the world, but when we complained they were just taken away, no apology, and they appeared on the bill. None of the many staff seemed to have any authority to sort things out to our satisfaction. There were very few Brits staying in the Hotel, and we seemed to get a reputation as complainers, because we refused to quietly put up with things that were wrong. The reception manager was quite sarcastic to me before we left. This was not good, and made me uncomfortable and embarrassed. Most of the other staff were polite and pleasant, if sometimes ineffectual.
On New Year's Eve the three restaurants had Gala Meals, the cheapest being over 100 Euros, and no other food was available. We organised our own party for 4 with room service food, and we must say the staff were helpful in organising this for us.
None of us would be keen to stay here again.

Room Tip: Sea view room was very pleasant
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank 797LesleyCG
terroubi, Marketing Director at Terrou-Bi, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Thank you for your comments we will consider them so you have a pleasant stay in our hotel.

Best regards