See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 27, 2018

Upon check-in, I was told that I did not have a reservation. I showed the gentleman my confirmation and receipt of payment. I was told I needed to go to a different hotel. I insisted that they find out what the problem was, and after 15 or so minutes, I was informed they were over-booked and I would have to find a new hotel even though I had already paid in full for two nights. After a long day of travel, I was not about to accept this and I refused to leave and began again trying to contact the company through which I had made the booking. Finally, they reluctantly gave me a room, however, they were extremely rude. The gentleman who helped with bags was very kind, however. This was a difficult situation in a country which presented some language barriers, and although the accommodations were adequate, the overall experience must rate so low.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2018

Le Ndiambour is centrally located but still there was not much noise from outside. There are many kinds of shops and services nearby although it's not so nice to walk between all the cars.

I had a room on 7th floor; there was a lot of light but no good view. Noise from the corridor woke me up a couple of times. The room was quite big with a kitchenette. The bathroom window didn't close well and there were a couple of mosquitoes in the room, which was not so nice.

I participated in a seminar which took place in the hotel, so I had several meals in the hotel, too. The food and especially fresh fruit juices were tasty.

We had ordered airport transport for our group in advance. At the agreed time there was no driver, so my colleague went asking. The staff at the reception didn't explain anything but in about ten minutes the driver finally came and we managed to be at the airport in time.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2017

When the hotel shuttle pulled up to the hotel, my 1st impression was that the area was sketchy. There were folks standing in front of the hotel with their wares to sell and 2 armed guards. I was a little leery. I was taken to a large room with a kitchenette sans equipment. I wasn't feeling well so i just wanted to unpack, take a shower and go to bed. When I got to the shower, it was inside a 2 ft high bathtub with a glass wall covering 2/3rd of the tub and no ledge or lip to get sit on to get in. With much caution i managed to get in only to find the shower did not work and to get out was even more precarious. The front desk said they would change my room. I was moved to the residence with a walk in shower and an equipped kitchen except for a sponge or garbage can. There was a convenient minibar in the fridge, good wifi and tv with english speaking channels and a balcony with a screened door

Breakfast was sufficient, I found enough to eat...love the tamarin juice. Now I don't speak French and most of the staff do but they went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and we communicated as well as possible. I did not like the selections at dinner. Lamb chops were on the menu but not in the kitchen and when they did get them they were poorly prepared so my diet consisted of the soups (vegetable and shrimp both very good) and peasant salad (equal amounts of lettuce, tomatoes, cabbage, cucumber, peas or some other veg) . That kept me through the day. The staff were the highlight of my day, by the end of the week they were speaking better english and i was using my forgotten high school french....I miss them!

The pool was a delightful way of ending the day. The 8th floor provided a view of the city, the ocean and the almost sunset (too much haze)

The area turned out not to be as sketchy as I 1st thought. there are a lot of government buildings around including across the street so there is a police presence. For me I was more in danger of getting hit by a car than from the people. I would stay at this hotel again. Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

Room tip: The rooms are not handicap accessible, stay in the residence.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

Clean and well positioned place to explore Dakar. Staff is friendly and helpful especially the event coordinator when managing business events. All was well coordinated and someone was always on site if assistance was required. Recommended for private stay and business events!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2017 via mobile

First time staying at this hotel
The room is very spacious room...I had a good view of the skyline especially at sunset
I liked the roof top swimming pool
Located right in the CBD of Dakar great shopping is with in 10 mins walk from the hotel
Several good restaurants with in the 1km radius

The only thing missing from the room was a coffee machine or kettle

I have stayed at several hotels in the CBD of Dakar but this hotel is one I would return too

Date of stay: February 2017