“A bit like the curate's egg.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of SenegalStyle Tours

SenegalStyle Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Please no drop ins! Thanks! ART GALLERY & CITY TOUR for visitors and NEWCOMERS to DAKAR: Don't waste your valuable time your first days here getting frustrated because you aren't 'seeing' anything but traffic! We will take you to the best beaches, those that are not in the Lonely Planet! All the coolest places, nicest art galleries, and talented artists, beautiful homes, and quick looks at major tourist attractions. Later on, you know where to go and can have a more focused, efficient tour on your own. Pickup at your hotel or residence: 11:00hr and return at 17:00hr BUDGET PRICED: $100 a day for up to 3 people w/driver (taxi) & English speaking guide! Reservations for our tours are must be made in advance via email, and paid in advance by credit card using PayPal to ensure availability and schedule/book your tour.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
UK
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A bit like the curate's egg.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We spent a day recently with Senegal Style after leaving our cruise. We were going to Bandia Nature Reserve, but we faffed around for quite a while doing this and that before we started the very long drive to the reserve. The reserve is fantastic and well worth the trip, we had lunch at there, and then the day seemed to disintegrate from what had been planned and expected to a number of activities which appeared somewhat random. It ended in a small convenience food mall where Sineta bought her supper. I had been told that we would at a stop at a place where we could rest and I could take a shower before our long flight home. Sineta is an interesting and well meaning person and the traffic in Dakar can be horrendous, but how I missed that shower...

Visited April 2013
2 Thank MoandEric

Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Best way to see Dakar & surrounding area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I stopped over in Dakar during our honeymoon and I found Sineta & Senegalstyle through some internet searching. While I was a little leery at first to send money via paypal to someone I didn't know, the other reviews I read convinced me and sure enough, everything worked out great!
We only had one day in Dakar, so I begged Sineta to try and fit in all the tours, despite her recommending not to try it. I should have listened! While it can be done, I think 3 tours in one day is probably the max you should every try!
We were picked up by Ali & Ismael right at our hotel and they were both great. We started out with the tour of Joal and the shell island, which is a bit of a hike outside of Dakar. Everything was planned and arranged, so there was no waiting for anything (other than at the police checkpoint, which Sineta was able to fix with a few phone calls!). The tour was great, and then we piled back in the car to head up to Lac Rose. The roads are not the best (and that is putting it mildly!), as we were driving into and out of craters that would swallow the car for most of the trip. Sineta had us set up with a boat ride on the lake when we got there, which was great as well.
By the time we made it back to Dakar, my wife wasn't feeling well so she retired to the room while I waited to meet Sineta for the motorscooter tour of Dakar. I am a motorcycle rider, so I was excited for this part. Let me tell you, it is not for the faint of heart, but I had a big smile on my face the entire time. She zips around that town and we squeezed between cars where my knees were almost rubbing on the traffic! It was so much fun, and I got to see some fantastic sights.
If you are in Dakar for a layover or vacation, I highly recommend connecting with Sineta for a tour, as I'm confident she will hook you up with a great memory!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Doug O
Dakar, Senegal
“Not to be missed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I am a member of a local touring group here in Dakar and Sineta George from SenegalStyle arranges all our group tours and transportation to and from various places outside of the city. Thank you for all your hard work, effort, enthusiasm, planning and caring you so obviously put into your tours. Us ladies are most fortunate to have this great opportunities that you give us - I fully hope to make the most of the upcoming monthly tours in the new year.

Visited December 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great trip to the basket market in Theis with Sineta and SenegalStyle!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

I am currently living in Dakar and was referred to Sineta thru a friend that had taken her motorscooter tour and loved it! I have now been on several tours with SenegalStyle thru a local women's group and have enjoyed every excursion so far, particularly the basket market in Theis! I have signed my husband and I up for another tour next week to Bandia wildlife park and we look forward to having a great time!

1 Thank MPMajor
Dakar
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“1 Day tours around Senegal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

I have been on tours arranged by SenegalStyle and I greatly appreciate going on these tours and seeing a bit of Senegal while the kids are in school.

Visited November 2012