Review Highlights
Personalized Dance Instruction in Dakar!

Learning traditional dance in West Africa has long been a dream of mine and this turned out to be a... read more

Reviewed January 17, 2019
Elliot R
Great class!

My mom and I took a drumming class with Ibou and his buddy. Such a great lesson. It’s perfect for... read more

Reviewed May 18, 2018

from $210.00
from $155.00
from $936.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Drumming lessons with Ibou were a big part of my amazing experience in Dakar. Ibou was a wonderful teacher--both patient and encouraging. Playing in the garden was beautiful and I enjoyed every minute of learning three different rhythms. Ibou also connected me with a dance teacher, so I was able to have some dance lessons while Ibou played accompaniment. He is a great drummer and a terrific teacher! This is the essence of Senegal!

Date of experience: January 2014
2  Thank Kathy P
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Ibu Sene may just be the most skilled and patient music teacher on the planet. 8 novice drummer women traveling on business lucked out when we booked drumming lessons through SenegalStyle. He had us drumming amazingly well after just a couple of hours. We were so pleased we did it twice! Thanks to Sineta and her musical team, it was certainly the touristic highlight of our trip to Senegal. We ended up buying drums in the market of Mbour and hauled them home to prove our new found skills (and to drive nuts) our loved ones.

Date of experience: February 2014
1  Thank NinaDale
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The drumming lessons with SenegalStyle are a MUST! My friend and I had zero drumming experience, but wanted to try something new. This was SO much fun and our instructor Ibou was a great teacher. Our lessons took place at a cultural center in an organic garden. It was SO cool, can't emphasize enough - whether you've never touched a drum or have experience, this is a wonderful activity to include in your trip. I was wishing I had time to take another few lessons during my trip. Will definitely do this again next time. Thanks Ibou and SenegalStyle!! ~Ahaji

Date of experience: November 2013
1  Thank hajworld
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Sineta from SenegalStyle organised drumming lessons with Ibou. This was GREAT!!!! He is a good mix of cool, passionate about drumming, lay back and encouraging mood. All you need in a teacher when you are a beginner like me. I also went to his band rehearsal and they were ALL friendly, polite and welcoming. Great vibe!!!!

Date of experience: November 2013
Reviewed July 22, 2013

HELLO THIS IS ELHADJI i am very glad to explain you the first time i attend SENEGALSTYLE DRUMMING LESSONS with Ibou the greatest drummer .It was in the restaurant ngor in almadie it was very nice IBOU WAS SO great he was playing with many djembes.you know DJEMBE is a very interesting instrument in senegal.Back in history drum was used to informe people that there is a meeting in the village.Senegalstyle drumming lessons are very interesting so i am telling people make sure when you come to Senegal make sure you visit SENEGALSTYLE DRUMMING you will hear good sound of djembe and you will meet the greatest drum teacher IBOU.

Date of experience: June 2013