“I'm a white girl from Minn living in Paris and I LEARNED TO DRUM!”

SenegalStyle Drumming Lessons
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: SEE OUR SPECIAL 'WELCOME TO AFRICA' PACKAGE DEAL: English Speaking Master Percussionist & Drums included, 3pm to 5pm with band practice afterwards (5:30pm to 7:00pm! (GOOD IDEA for folks with pre-planned tours or SHORT LAYOVERS in Dakar!) All major credit cards & e-checks accepted via Paypal.You MUST email to reserve, no phone calls or drop ins! Price includes a FULL BALLET & AFRICAN DRUM CONCERT M-F! SenegalStyle AFRICAN DRUMMING & DANCE is a service OPEN TO THE PUBLIC and provided by SenegalStyle Bed & Breakfast Homestay Guesthouse,($50 a night includes Breakfast!) SenegalStyle African Drumming & Dance is owned by Sineta George of SenegalStyle Djembes. Our classes are for all levels, beginners, intermediate and professionals. The cost is $40 per person for 2 hour lessons in a BEAUTIFUL ORGANIC GARDEN at a local community center. Loaner drums are provided FREE OF CHARGE but PLEASE EMAIL IN ADVANCE - NO PHONE CALLS/DROP INS! Bilingual Instruction English/French/Wolof. Want to make your own African Djembe Drum? The cost is $300 for 3 day hands-on course, carved and painted with whatever design you want! Online prepayment required to reserve your time/date.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Activities for young children
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Ibou was wonderful as were all the Senegalstyle people affiliated with the bed & breakfast! I'm glad we scheduled it! I wish I had thought to take pictures. 2 hours for 23 euro was cheaper, much cheaper than classes inthe US or here in France with other 'masters.' I know what a master drummer and drummaker is now and that would be Ibou and Senegalstyle jembes!

WE HAD A BLAST and now I can fake it really well!

Reviewed May 29, 2011

I took the two hour drumming lessons with Ibra? and had a great time. After the lessons the senegalstyle band practiced and the dancers were there practicing too. I never would have seen this had I not stayed a few days at Senegalstyle with Sineta at her guesthouse. I would recommend this to anyone interesting in seeing african drumming close up!

3  Thank simplesally
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Me and my girls took the drumming lessons on the beach last time I was in Senegal and had a great time! Ibou the drum teacher speaks english and also plays in a band. He invited us to watch them practice in the evening and we saw the dancers as well. It was really nice and well worth the price!

1  Thank GetLostinAfrica
Reviewed October 3, 2009

It was one of the best things that happened to me in Dakar, the beach is beautiful, Ibou (the teacher) is funny, kind and super patient and really knows what he is doing. You could stay all day just playing and having fun. I would definetely recommend it!!!

1  Thank Veronica_Bonn