“Rene 1964”

Hotel Astoria
Hotel Astoria
Ranked #15 of 98 Dakar B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for the second time, and both times are excellent. This hotel i will highly recommended to everyone. Thanks to the great hotel staff who make my stay very comfertable.
Nice rooms, good restaurant, excellent service, free wireless internet, good location downtown.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have stayed in this particular Hotel and I can only say good thing about the Hotel and their staff.
The hotel is located at downtown and is ideal if you are in Dakar for Business.
They have a great restaurant and just to give you an example.... I had a business meal in a restaurant near the area of the embassies like you may guess it was a fancy and trendy place. I did a test ....I had the same dish at the hotel and the restaurant I guess what, the Hotel's tasted better and the portion was the double.
If you are looking for a Hotel for business this is the place to be.... and for a honest price ...

This is a Hotel for business man to stay......

If you don't like something....... just ask they will do their best to help you for sure.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Staff is very well qualified an motivated. Management and staff do everything to make you feel comfortable. Good kitche n, good atmosphere. Next time we go back to astoria and join the wonderfull service. By the way, making a judvgement of over 200 signs is too much,I've written what must be written and i continue writing while my judgement will not be published.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Stayed for Business purpose in June 2011

Plus:
- Refurbished premises, good size and quality (new management)
- clean rooms, with acceptable queen size beds, and convenient bathroom
- internet access (Wifi) free of charge at time of visit,
- price (good when comparing to poor experience I had in the near neighbourhood)
- convenient for business purpose and very good alternative price wise to the Giant International Resorts
- central location for both port/harbour access and walking distance to downtown
- good food for money, and
- sympathetic, attending and extremely servicing crew & officers

Minus:
- lack of advertisement on the web (known as B&B)... which is good as there is always a possibility of room availability
- tiny front room desk, but after passing the doors, you enter into a real oasis…
- Lack of extra facilities, no swimming pool and the like, vut do we need this when on bizz-trip

Neutral:
- Smokers are invited to enjoy their needs in the inner garden of the premises...

Comparable to 3* to 4* facility
All staff and officers are smiling and very serviceable...
You shall feel there just like at home...
Definitely I shall stay there again !!!

Stayed on June 2011, and travelled on business purpose

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Tsufu
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I landed in Dakar at 4am - it was dark and clammy. I had booked online for the La Brazzerade which claimed to have free airport shuttle service but upon calling I was told to get a taxi!
After getting the taxi - we got to La Brazzerade and I was very unpleasantly surprised - unwelcoming, dark, with a chair wedging the door closed and a nasty smoky smell. They had no record of my booking - which was PAID for. I appealed to my very helpful taxi driver to take me downtown to find a hotel.
We stopped at 5 different hotels but they had no rooms and were cold and unfriendly. Then we stopped at the Hotel Astoria - it was now 6am - still dark and dank and I was immediately welcomed. They had just one room but the gentleman could see that I was tired, depressed and desperate. He gave me the room but explained that I would have to move later that day.
From the outside the hotel looks really small and unassuming - but WOW! The rooms are just charming and cool and comfortable.
The restaurant is truly an oasis and the attention to every detail is remarkable. The owner and the manager enquired if I was comfortable. I asked for advice on where to get a local sim card and another young English speaking lady named Mary was quickly called to assist me. Within 5min they brought me one without even asking for payment. The manager gave me his card and insisted that I call him if I needed any assistance or if I was having any trouble. I needed an adapter for my laptop and Mary went out of her way again to assist. I just felt like I was in a safe place and in safe hands.
A day that started of really badly ended up being a lovely lovely experience thanks to the fantastic hospitality of the Hotel Astoria.

Dani Ndebele - South Africa

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Dani N
Reviewed December 14, 2010

Unfortunately I mananaged only 1 night in the Astoria and was unable to sample the quisine. I was however, very pleasantly surprised by the quality and cleanliness of the room and the friendliness of the staff. I have stayed in a number of places in Africa and a lot of the times it's hit and miss. What is rated as a 3- or 4-star is definately not always so.

The Astoria was great and I will quite happily stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank JuniorWarden
Reviewed December 5, 2010

I spent 2 nights at Astoria with my girlfriend. I was appealed by the seriousness of their website and the very profesionnal phone call I had with their reception.

Our hosts were simply amazing. There was a problem with our cocoon room (a bit noisy on a saturday night), and they offered to upgrade us (very nice, well-decorated, bright suite, with AC and cable and a great bed ), invited us for diner, and helped us greatly to find medical attention for my partner on a Saturday night.

If you go to Dakar, Astoria is a fantastic place to stay, with very good value and service;

Why are you still there? Go and book your room now (great food at te restaurant too)
www.astoria.sn