Tripadvisor

Review of Maid-Rite

Maid-Rite
Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Avoca
Reviewed June 1, 2016 via mobile

Unkempt woman making sandwiches with questionable hygiene standards. Really disgusting! I was looking forward to an old fashioned Maid Rite. But absolutely not here!!!!! Where is the health department?!?!?

Date of visit: May 2016
Write a reviewReviews (14)

Reviewed May 28, 2016 via mobile

1st of all it is in a truck stop and is not a stand alone Maid Rite. Had a big order and one employee it took for ever and food was ok. I love Maid Rite but not this location.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed April 17, 2016

I had been making sandwiches based on what I thought was a Maid-Rite recipe for decades but this was the first time I actually had a chance to dine at one (I had only been to Iowa once previously). Well, mine are way better. While you can get a lot of toppings, the basic sandwich is a very bland scoop of crumbled ground beef on a hamburger bun. The sides weren't much to brag about either. I realize this was just a travel plaza version of Maid-Rite but it was still very disappointing.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed April 5, 2016

We stopped here on our way back from Mall of America for a quick bite to eat. I have never had a Maid Rite loose meat sandwich before, and took this opportunity to try one. I though it was OK, but the wife didn't much care for hers. But we both agree...the Vanilla Shakes were excellent!

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank WahooMike
Reviewed June 21, 2015

I grew up in Iowa, having Maid-Rite's through the years, Was disappointed with this Maid-Rite a few years ago so thought I would try it again. It is in Wings American Travel Center truck stop food court. First as we stood in line
to order there was no one there to take the order then a gentleman appeared and stated it was going to be another
20 minutes until there was more meat ready. 1:15 PM on a Sunday afternoon in an eating establishment along the
interstate and they were out of cooked meat? A couple sitting at a table nearby advised we go somewhere else on account they had been sitting there 30 minutes waiting on their Maid-Rite. Ended up going to Taco John's also in the food court which I can get anywhere but not Maid-Rite. I guess things have not improved. Don't know about the taste!

Date of visit: June 2015