Motel 6 Avoca
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
A-Ford-O Motel(Atlantic)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront desktruck stoptruck parkingroom was cleannice indoor poolplace to sleepwould stay here againparking lotstaff was very friendlykeithtrailerindianapetdryerthermostatinterstateproperties
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This motel was across the street from where we were going to the Farmall Land Museum, so we picked it. Not thinking it would be as nice as it was. It has been an award-winnder for 8 years in a row. The people were very friendly and the room was nice and we got a good price.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The Avoca, Iowa Motel 6, like most if not all Motel 6's. is low on amenities (no tissues, shampoos, etc. in the room) but I highly recommend staying there if you are in the area. Manager Keith Stoterau is a gracious and helpful host, making the stay very pleasant. The motel also has an indoor pool and free wi-fi - great things for the weary traveler. I recommend staying at this property.

Room Tip: Always ask if they have free upgrades. You never know ...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joe A
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Couldn't ask for a better, cleaner no frills overnight stop to rest your long roadtrip-weary self. When I say no frills, I mean not even a coffee maker or mini hair dryer. But the whole hotel looked spotless and service was very friendly. We had our cat who loved sitting in the window of our room with us, and it seemed like everyone else we saw there also had pets. No sign of animal wear and tear on the room though.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I chose this hotel mostly because of the Motel 6 name which has a reputation for a good value. This property exceeded my expectations. Owner Keith Stoterau checked me in as if I was a VIP guest and instructed me as to the various ammenities and room details. He also offered me a room close to where I parked. Room was clean, comfortable and, in my opinion, a great value. I would definately go out of my way to stay at this property again...
Bob Striegel, LDV USA

Room Tip: Had a room near the pool with semi private, secure entrance...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tichiganblues
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here twice in 2 years. It is the nicest Motel 6 in the country, that I've been to. Swimming pool, super clean, modern with great personalities at check in. I look forward to returning on my trip next week to IA

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends