“Clean, Comfortable and Friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Avoca

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Motel 6 Avoca
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Avoca
Waterford, Wisconsin, United States
“Clean, Comfortable and Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I chose this hotel mostly because of the Motel 6 name which has a reputation for a good value. This property exceeded my expectations. Owner Keith Stoterau checked me in as if I was a VIP guest and instructed me as to the various ammenities and room details. He also offered me a room close to where I parked. Room was clean, comfortable and, in my opinion, a great value. I would definately go out of my way to stay at this property again...
Bob Striegel, LDV USA

Room Tip: Had a room near the pool with semi private, secure entrance...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tichiganblues

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Metro Detroit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here twice in 2 years. It is the nicest Motel 6 in the country, that I've been to. Swimming pool, super clean, modern with great personalities at check in. I look forward to returning on my trip next week to IA

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ellsworth528
Clarence, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

This motel was a good value for the price. No frills, but really clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and accommodating and the room was great. Quiet, clean and comfortable and just what we needed after a long day on the road. Good value for the price and a pleasant surprise for a Motel 6. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Wendy W
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at the Motel 6 Avoca on two separate occasions during the same trip, and can say that their accommodations are consistently clean and comfortable. Also, all of the staff that I interacted with was courteous and friendly.

Not only that, there is a beautiful view as you walk out the front lobby doors with your morning coffee. Take a few minutes to sit on the bench and enjoy.

I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Because I stay at nearly 200 hotels a year, from Motel 6s to Westins, I've seen and heard just about everything hotel related. Also, I fully understand that many of my expectations need to shift in accordance to which of these establishments I am visiting. My experience at a Super 8 will differ vastly from my experience at Gaylord's Opryland Resort. There's no way around it.

However, some things need to be exactly the same. Things like cleanliness and courtesy.

When I stay at a lower end hotel I dumb my expectations down to one simple question: Do I feel welcome?

A few things come into play and answer this question within minutes of arrival. A well lit entrance and inviting lobby are part of the equation. So is a clean room with furniture that is in decent shape. The television and air conditioner must be in good repair and linens simply need to be clean and from this century.

All these things add up to me feeling welcome. Like they planned for my visit. Like they want me there. But even this simple list of positive attributes can be entirely derailed by one thing: Discourtesy.

Which brings me to Motel 6 Avoca. You know that feeling you get when you walk into a room and you're not really wanted there? That was my impression from moment one on this property. It was backed up by the rude front desk clerk, who I assume was Patricia Stoterau because her business cards were there.

From her very tidy workspace behind a trophy case of beautiful hotel awards, she promptly made me feel like it was my fault that she couldn't find our reservation. I thought the fact that we were getting 4 rooms might sway her to crack a smile, but no. There is nothing worse than entering an establishment with lots of money to spend and having a representative of that establishment treat you poorly. And not just communicate poorly or be too busy to give great service. But rather actively pursue making you feel "less than". This 'Us vs. Them' mentality has no place in the hospitality business. And by the way, the reservations were right where they were supposed to be and in good standing. Did i get an apology? Nope.

I figured my negative experience was over when I got to my room. It was great for a motel 6. No problems at all. They should provide shampoo, however! After a good night's sleep I called the front desk to ask for a late checkout. What was I thinking?!?!

I'd say I have about a 90% percent success rate when asking for a late checkout. Those who simply can't provide one are usually gracious and explain briefly why. This was not the case with the front desk clerk at Motel 6 Avoca. She was rude and sounded miffed that I would even ask. She shot gunned a few reasons, ranging from personal to ridiculous, that I couldn't get a late checkout. All the while, she spoke to me like a child, with a level of disdain for courtesy that I have rarely encountered, much less in the hospitality business. But, hey, the bathroom was really clean!

All I all, I was relieved to leave the property in my rear view mirror. I know I can find a bed just about anywhere. And I'm fairly certain that it will be in a clean and welcoming establishment. I know for an absolute fact, however, that I will never again subject myself to the condescending, impolite, and ill mannered staff at the Motel 6 Avoca.

That pretty row of rewards on the front desk is meaningless if all they do is use them to hide their severe lack of people skills.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Paul S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have stayed in numerous Motel 6's and I have to say, this is the nicest. It was very clean and well taken care of...I'm not fussy when it comes to motel rooms; all I want is clean sheets on the bed and a clean bathroom... okay, I also want the room to be clean with no food on the floor or dead bugs and a carpet that can be walked on. Surprisingly this is a novel idea to some motel owners! This Motel 6 exceeded my expectations and I would recommend it to anyone. The woman on the front desk was pleasant and very accommodating. If all Motel 6 owners had such pride in ownership the brand would be very well though of and people would be happy to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

as a truck.driver i dont stay in hotels very often. Im glad i picked motel 6 a great deal, comfort, and they have a pool perfect for those hot days. Cold a/c, fridge and microwave avalible. Perfect. Right next to i80.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avoca
Cobblestone Inn and Suites Avoca
#3 of 3 in Avoca
Super 8 Walnut
Super 8 Walnut
#1 of 1 in Walnut

Been to Motel 6 Avoca? Share your experiences!