“pride in service”

Motel 6 Avoca
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Avoca
“pride in service”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have stayed in numerous Motel 6's and I have to say, this is the nicest. It was very clean and well taken care of...I'm not fussy when it comes to motel rooms; all I want is clean sheets on the bed and a clean bathroom... okay, I also want the room to be clean with no food on the floor or dead bugs and a carpet that can be walked on. Surprisingly this is a novel idea to some motel owners! This Motel 6 exceeded my expectations and I would recommend it to anyone. The woman on the front desk was pleasant and very accommodating. If all Motel 6 owners had such pride in ownership the brand would be very well though of and people would be happy to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed August 24, 2013

as a truck.driver i dont stay in hotels very often. Im glad i picked motel 6 a great deal, comfort, and they have a pool perfect for those hot days. Cold a/c, fridge and microwave avalible. Perfect. Right next to i80.

• Stayed August 2013
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here at the recommendation of a friend of mine who stays as he is traveling to Michigan each year. I was skeptical but booked our reservation.

When we arrived, our rooms were available and near each other (as I had requested). They were very basic rooms and I was glad to have two beds since they are just full size beds, not queen. But everything was clean, the staff was exceptionally helpful and we had a clean, safe place to stay the night.

I would not hesitate to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My grandma always used to say, "Keep what you have clean." This motel 6 in the middle of God's country is the epitome of that phrase as well as the American dream. We had the pleasure of meeting the owner who is very personable as well as hospitable. We ate at The Embers (cash only) on his recommendation. It was fantastic. I've stayed in my fair share of hotels and motels from the best to those who claimed to be. Know what your getting is probably the best basic no frills facility that you'll ever stay in.

• Stayed July 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed July 9, 2013

An oasis. The owner will basically will basically do whatever it takes to keep the customers happy. The hotel is in a beautiful location and everything is clean. Can't beat $49/nt. will def stay there again when traveling I-80.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
rural Ohio
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I were on the way home to Ohio from our daughter's wedding in Colorado. The night before we'd spent in a budget motel that was a little shabby but clean. This was a splurge night for us though the price was not over the top. We saw the signs "Now Open!!" and assumed that this was a NEW Motel 6. It wasn't. They had news clippings a trophies expounding about how great they were though. They couldn't help the fans in the downstairs hallways and the smell of chlorine. Something must have overflowed. Got to our room and the bedspread was bright and cheerful. Having had a less than good experience with cleanliness in a different non-budget hotel the week before I started checking. I wasn't sure of the sheets so I went to the lobby and they gave me a new set. It seems they were wrinkled because they leave them in the dryer until needed. There was a icky stain on the blanket so we flipped it to the bottom. Otherwise it was clean. Unfortunately they had an air-conditioner that was noisy and couldn't be turned off. After 10 hrs in the car I wanted silence. A lovely shower/bath combo with fold down wood seat---why did they finish with poorly applied caulking? Nice sink but no front on it so you can see "Motel 6" etc. written in bold marker under the bowl. I was disappointed to see that the clean towels/cloths were stained. I think that they should be able to afford to switch those out when they can't get them white anymore. There was also a connecting door to the next room that showed no way for us to lock. Not too comfortable with that. Paid $69.46. Didn't give AAA discount. I didn't expect fancy but I guess I expected just a little bit more from a chain with a good reputation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Keith was very helpful...nice, basic room and clean. I have stayed at others in the area and this is definitely the best in the area. We tried this place because they allowed pets which was awesome...seem to be the only hotel in area that does. Definitely will recommend to friends and family as they are passing through.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avoca
Cobblestone Inn and Suites Avoca
Capri Motel
Capri Motel
#3 of 3 in Avoca
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Walnut

Been to Motel 6 Avoca? Share your experiences!