Review Highlights
Unexcepted highlight of Kigufi

It was great to be out on the river - peaceful view of the valleys, farms and people. The birdlife... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Lee B
Chintsa East, South Africa
SUP fun on the lake!

Had a great time standup paddleboarding on Lake Kivu with Yves. He was the perfect balance of... read more

Reviewed September 10, 2021
517meredithg
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Kigali
from $429.00
from $538.47
from $300.00
Kigali City Tour
339 Reviews
from $108.98
More Info
All reviews canoe trip lake kivu sunset kayaking small rapids bird life great afternoon great guide beautiful birds sugar cane great trip next morning amazing experience paddling river musanze activity fishing
Selected filters
Reviewed March 22, 2018

The 2 hour journey to Musanze is worth it ! Fantastic way to see the river valley, beautiful scenic views including volcanoes and local farmers & fishers who all wave greetings as you float by. Our instructor & tour guide Sandrine was brilliant with her 4 novices & we felt like pros by the end of the trip. She was patient, encouraging & we felt in safe hands the whole way.The whole experience was first class and great fun. The best morning ever on the river. Thank you Kingfisher Journeys - we will do it again.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

I had an outstanding trip on Lake Kivu with Francis. I just signed up for a half day plus the sunset tour since I was limited on time, but I really wish I'd been able to do more. Francis is an excellent guide who pointed out different bird species to me and explained some of the cultural things we saw along our way. He's a great conversationalist who seems able to talk knowledgeably about any subject! I really enjoyed spending a few hours on the water with him.

Sadly the weather didn't cooperate with sunset plans, but Francis was very communicative about that possibility. And when I got back to town, the money had already been refunded to my account without my even having to ask! I am so impressed that Kingfisher Journeys is such a young company and yet they were so responsive and professional every step of the way. If you are in Gisenyi (or Kibuye!), definitely take advantage of this opportunity to see Lake Kivu up close while learning about life along the shoreline. And treat yourself to some sambaza at the end!

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed February 19, 2018

great little trip out on Lake Kivu with our guide. well organised and no hassle.
thanks. we will be back.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed January 8, 2018

Thank you Kingfisher Journeys, my family had a fab adventure on the river with you, thank you for a lovely New Year adventure, good for all ages and abilities and languages, I look forward to returning to Rwanda and trying out one of your other adventures

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

We did the 2-day kayaking trip on Lake Kivu. It was easy to book and well organised. Our guide, Francis, was very friendly and knowledgeable. He was happy to go at our place but also suggested an interesting route. We'd definitely recommend Kingfisher Journeys.

Date of experience: December 2017