All reviews bumpy dirt road free transport fresh juice close to the airport great hotel welcome drink the room was nice clean rooms i highly recommend this hotel no elevator air conditioning excellent breakfast small balcony free breakfast definitely stay here again restaurant staff enjoyed my stay
Selected filters
Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

Five to Five Hotel promptly responded to my numerous questions.

We arrived at 1:30 am and their driver was there with a sign and immediately drove us to the property. We were greeted warmly with fresh juice and bottled water.

The property is very clean and the room large. The breakfast had a variety of choices and the coffee was strong.

Although we were only there one night for transit it was a good choice and would recommend this hotel if you need to stay in Kigali.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Clemento H, General Manager at Five to Five Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

Dear JKca,
Thank you so much for staying at Five to Five Hotel and for taking the time to post your review. I appreciate your kind remarks about cleanliness. Our hotel is committed to provide our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2017

I loved this small hotel on a side street. Not the new glossy hotels one sees all over in Kigali, this small gem is great. The room was small by Western standards, but had every possible amenity: a large comfortable four poster bed with lacy mosquito netting (which was not needed during our stay), silent and efficient air conditioning, a friendly and helpful staff, a terrace, a lovely dining area with a terrace that looks across the valley to the skyscrapers, fabulous breakfast, Even a toothbrush and toothpaste were provided!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ellynvb

Dear Ellynvb,
Thank you for your incredible review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service. We hope to welcome you back at Five to Five Hotel sometime soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

My friend and I stayed 2 nights, and then one more night. They picked us up from the airport, and dropped us off again. I enjoyed staying in the hotel, our first room was backwards facing, huge beds, massive bathroom and bath, and a balcony. We slept really well, it was not noisy at all. When we came back we got a smaller room, facing the front. It was a bit noisier, but still fine. Of course the hotel has no control over who shouts in the street below.
Breakfast was good, lovely huge towels, juice on arrival, toothbrushes and shavers, pretty mosquito nets; all adds to the hotel's charm.
Looking forward to visiting again!

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Nelia B,

Reviewed July 22, 2017

This hotel offers a perfect combo for the budget business traveler. No frills, but excellent service, good wifi, courteous and friendly staff, a nice breakfast and tasty room service, a comfortable room with cool AC , bednet, and LCD TV, and a fairly central location in Kigali. It is on a dirt road, but that's a minor detail compared with the great value and service they offer. I'm a repeat customer now.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank PeimanM
Clemento H, General Manager at Five to Five Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2017

Dear PeimanM,
Thank you for your wonderful review. A relaxed environment is exactly what we try to create for our guests. Great to hear that you enjoyed it. We hope to see you back sometime soon and hopefully for longer next time.

Clement H.

Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here. The room was comfy and the staff welcoming and helpful. The restaurant has a nice outdoor part where you can sit and enjoy the view of the hills around Kigali.

Location wise it is a bit out of the way, relative to the main areas business travellers may need to visit. But this wasn't a problem, as it was just a 10-15 minute drive to get to most of the places I needed to visit by taxi. And the hotel is much better value than those closer to the main business hubs.

All in all a well run and friendly hotel - I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I get the opportunity to return to Kigali.

Date of stay: August 2016