All reviews bumpy dirt road free transport fresh juice close to the airport great hotel welcome drink the room was nice clean rooms i highly recommend this hotel no elevator air conditioning excellent breakfast small balcony free breakfast definitely stay here again restaurant staff enjoyed my stay
Selected filters
Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here. The room was comfy and the staff welcoming and helpful. The restaurant has a nice outdoor part where you can sit and enjoy the view of the hills around Kigali.

Location wise it is a bit out of the way, relative to the main areas business travellers may need to visit. But this wasn't a problem, as it was just a 10-15 minute drive to get to most of the places I needed to visit by taxi. And the hotel is much better value than those closer to the main business hubs.

All in all a well run and friendly hotel - I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I get the opportunity to return to Kigali.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank PoppyAlice
Reviewed July 21, 2017

They were waiting for us at the airport when we arrived. We got fresh fruit juice as a welcome to the hotel. Such a nice treat after 24 hours of airplanes. Room was comfortable, water was warm for the shower, and the view from the dining area was beautiful. We had good wi-fi. In the morning, we enjoyed a delicious breakfast.

Unknown to us or our tour agency, the next morning was the "day of cleaning" for the city of Kigali. This happens the last Saturday of each month (in the morning). As we started our tour, most of the roads to downtown were closed. We eventually gave up trying to tour until the afternoon. Although we had already checked out of the hotel, they allowed us to return and gave us a room to relax until the city was open again. We were not charged any extra for this service.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank nlt71
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

This is a perfect place for a business visit. The wifi is fast and reliable. The staff very welcoming and friendly. You much have the breakfast it's fresh and with plenty of fruits. This is a place I'll stay at again. Very nice service and cosy rooms. It's also very pocket friendly.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Clemento H, General Manager at Five to Five Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. We appreciate your generous individual ratings toward our property's overall cleanliness and level of service rendered by our hotel staff members. Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better stay in the future.
Best regards,

Reviewed June 26, 2017

Small, but very convenient and organized hotel. Overall, it has around 20 rooms, not all the same size. Some rooms are quite small, but they are all very convenient and clean. The hotel is less than 10 minutes drive to/from airport, so it's perfect if you're in need of an overnight stay in Kigali. The city center is a bit further away, but many taxis and boda-bodas available. Hotel can also arrange for transport. The rooms facing the terrace have an amazing view of Kigali town. Food is very good, especially the bruchettes, tho a bit more pricey than food in small restaurants around the neighborhood. We stayed there for a 2 week long conference, which also took place in the hotel. The staff, especially Vincent, Fabrice and Thomas, could not have been more helpful. The whole stay was such a pleasant experience, I would want to stay there even when traveling privately.

Room tip: Rooms overlooking the terrace have an amazing view of Kigali town.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Clemento H, General Manager at Five to Five Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2017

Dear Marlow,

It is encouraging to read your remarks about and the services provided by our staff.
With our commitment to regularly providing efficient services to all our guests, appreciative comments such as yours are the most encouraging; we see them as rewards and will motivate the team to continuously provide excellent services.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future,
Thank you.

Reviewed June 7, 2017

This hotel is well situated for business in the CBD. I found the dinner, a t bone steak to be of a very high standard. The breakfast was average but the staff were attentive. The room was quite noisy and I could hear the noise of movement from above. My hot water selector for the shower was very temperamental. the room amenities were generous and I did feel safe whilst staying on the premises. The complementary airport shuttle was on time and adequate.

Room tip: Stay on the top floor so there is reduced noise from above room.
Date of stay: May 2017