“Wifi and excellent coffee and Croissants”
Review of Bourbon Cafe

Bourbon Cafe
Ranked #1 of 6 Nightlife in Kigali
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Wifi and excellent coffee and Croissants”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

A welcome rest stop in Kigali. The coffee, croissants and service were all good and the free wi-fi made it worth the visit on numerous occasions Centrally located and moderately priced, this cafe is great.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank ZoeIx

Doha, Qatar
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“One of the best coffee I've had”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Its a definite must that you bring their beans home. My friends back home tried it and told me that that it is one of the best coffee they've ever had. I'm glad they are expanding to the United States and I hope they open elsewhere too. The one I tried was "Verunga" and I've asked my friends in the US to get me more of this. Definitely worth a visit in Kigali.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Waleed K
Perth, Australia
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 154 helpful votes
“Crowded. basic food , good coffee”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Had luch here one day. Basic sandwiches, burgers etc. Coffee good. Very crowded and quite expensive. Service slow but ok

Visited July 2012
2 Thank pollydoodle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not pleasing.”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I went to this place looking forward to a wonderful experience seeing as it's a reputable cafe.... But I got the worst service I have ever gotten anywhere else, the waitress who served me seemed like she was forced to do so or something. I was left wondering if it was because I was black that she refused to serve me, coz a bunch of muzunguz walked in an hour later and she served them with all smiles... She was kind enough to hand me the menu 35mins after I had asked for it but cared less about what I needed. At the end of it all I was tired of waiting to be served so I got up went to counter, paid for my coffee and peacefully walked out of there coz that was the worst experience I had on my way out of this country. To the waitress who almost served me, that's not how it's done....every customer is important, be it black/yellow or white.

1 Thank AnAfrican
New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“God Bless the Bourbon Cafe”
Reviewed August 31, 2009

The food at Bourbon Cafe was tasty, the service great, and the environment comfy but I am singing praises for this cafe for their honesty! I was visiting Rwanda around the Christmas Holiday last year and somehow my wallet fell out of my bag at this cafe. I didn't notice for close to 6 hours and when I did went into a panic. The US Embassy was pretty much deserted for the holiday at this point and I had my passport, drivers license, most of my money and credit card in my wallet. Lesson learned to not carry everything together!!! Well, after going back over my steps I walked into the cafe and was greeted by a waiter I had met a few days before. He asked if I was missing something with a big smile on his face. I wanted to cry and hug him at the same time. They not only found my wallet but wrote down all of its contents and gave it to the security to put in a safe. I wasn't missing even a dollar! They were so kind and honest. I will return to this cafe for a meal or two next time I go to Kigali and hope you will too!

7 Thank Tumaini