“Everything of the hotel is excellent and the shuttle service to the airport is a bonus for international tourists.”
Review of Hotel Chez Lando

Hotel Chez Lando
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Kigali
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed one night in this hotel. Their service, location, room conditions and cleanliness are excellent. But the number of TV channels could be increased. The ambience of the hotel has perfectly matched with the surrounding. I toik dinner in the terrace of the restaurant whuch is a great idea of the hotel authority. Overall every tourist must select this hotel as it is within reasonable price with high standard of service.

• Stayed: February 2014
ChezLandoMgt, customer care at Hotel Chez Lando, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear,
It was an an honor and a pleasure for all the Chez Lando team to accommodate you within our premises, we're happy to hear the appreciation of your stay and we hope to offer you even better in the future.
Thanks for staying at Chez Lando,
You're always welcome,
Customer care Team.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have used this hotel on a number of occasions and found the bedrooms in the "new" buildings more than adequate. However on this occasion (just a one night stopover), I booked a "standard" room which was totally unacceptable. Desperately in need of re-furbishment. Shower that barely worked and a TV that didn't.

Breakfast is always rubbish, but the food and service in the bar area is most agreeable.

The check out time of 11.00am is also on the early side.

However it is unbelievably convenient for the Airport.

I will continue to use Chez Lando, but not the standard rooms!

Room Tip: Choose a room in the new building.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
ChezLandoMgt, customer care at Hotel Chez Lando, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear,
The Chez Lando Team apologize for the lack of comfort that occurred during your stay, the renovation of standard rooms is in process and we expect it to begin as soon as possible, your feedback on the breakfast is also noted, we hope you will see positive improvements during your next stay.
Thanks again for staying with Chez Lando,
You're always welcome!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

If you're arriving in Kigali late in the evening this is a good place to stay, as it is close to the airport and they have a good restaurant for the hungry traveller which is mostly used by locals.

The rooms are dated though, and nothing special. Breakfast is okay, just like the staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
ChezLandoMgt, customer care at Hotel Chez Lando, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear,
Thank you for sharing your stay at Chez Lando, we really appreciate your review and we took note of your remark, we will keep on improving and renovating our premises as planned in order to meet modern travelers needs.
You're always welcome at Chez Lando!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed for one night en route to DRC. I was picked up on the airport by a nice and polite driver who helped me with my massive suitcase. At the hotell, the staff were most helpful and friendly, and I enjoyed a simple but tasty meal in the charming hotel bar. The breakfast was nice with several good options including eggs, beans, other hot dishes, bread, cheese and pastry. I particularly enjoyed the lovely fruit salad. I stayed in the cheapest room, which was simple but clean and quite spacious.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear,
All the Chez Lando Team Thanks you for your appreciation of our services and your encouraging review, we hope to offer you a more decent stay in the future.
Thanks for staying with Chez Lando, You're always welcome!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

The customer service here was great! The hotel agreed to pick me up from the airport and even though my flight was delayed when I arrived the driver greeted me with a smile. Check in was fast and straight forward. The setting was so peaceful and I was so relaxed that I over slept the next day (my fault; should've asked for a wake up call) and missed breakfast buffet but the staff were so wonderful and accommodated me with a very generous, tasty breakfast. I will definitely stay there the next time I'm in Kigali!
Also, the location of the hotel is close to the airport which is very convenient when you arrive tired from a lengthy flight.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms have a patio that looks out to the gardens but if they don't choose one...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Lisa_B445
ChezLandoMgt, customer care at Hotel Chez Lando, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear,
The Chez Lando Team appreciate your review and feel encouraged by your positive feedback, we will keep on improving our service as our aim is to offer to all our customers a decent stay.
You're always welcome at Chez lando,

Customer Care Department

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Hotel Chez Lando has serene environment, great ambience in its rooms as well as attentive and helpful staff. The meals are top notch and a must-have at Chez Lando. I would not hesitate to recommend it to any of my colleagues.

Room Tip: Rooms above ground level have better aeration and are generally less prone to noise pollution
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ChezLandoMgt, customer care at Hotel Chez Lando, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear,
All the Chez Lando Team is encouraged by your review of our services, we're still improving and we're always pleased to hear an advice from our customer.
Thanks for staying with us and you're always welcome at Chez Lando!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

The hotel is clean, comfortable, centrally located, and the staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. The internet was a little spotty in the rooms but otherwise, it's a great place to stay and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear,
We took note of your review and we're grateful for your appreciation of our services, it's a great encouragement for our team.
you are always welcome at Chez Lando!