“My Favorite Place in Kigali!”
Review of Ivuka Arts Centre

Ivuka Arts Centre
Ranked #12 of 61 things to do in Kigali
New York City, New York
“My Favorite Place in Kigali!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This was by far my favorite place in the city, and one of the happiest places in all of Rwanda. From the young kids practicing the traditional Rwandan dances in the court yard to the up and coming artists working in the back, this places is most definitely the hub of modern day Rwandan art and culture. the variety of the pieces is great, and I found a beautiful modern piece to take home with me. The owner was incredibly helpful, and really allowed us to take our time with deciding on our purchases. There was also no pressure put on at any point to buy. Only con was the credit card machine was temporarily not working, but they were switching companies and said it was temporary. I will definitely be back on my next visit!

Visited July 2013

Thailand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Go and help these great artists continue their work”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Great place, found it on Trip advisor and went..met Charles who left us to look at all the artists work....it was amazing.
We bought two pieces and they were delivered the next day to our hotel as promised and with decent exchange rates..
All I can say is go before it gets too known, buy some paintings or just look...
I will be back

Gill and Peter x

Washington DC
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Great artists and the building itself is a delight- but cash only!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Went here and was very impressed with the range of art. Its not a small investment(prices ranged from 200 USD and onwards...) but the works are really quite impressive. Bring cash if you want, as they don't accept credit cards! Recommend.

Kigali, Rwanda
“Contemporary art in a special setting.”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This art gallery and "social workshop" should be plotted in while in Kigali. The artworks, the concept and the surroundings warrant a visit. Check it out, and ensure you leave with a piece of art under your arm:)

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Outstanding art and exciting talent, definitely worth a visit or two!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Ivuka Arts is a wonderful place to visit in Kigali. The quality of art is outstanding, all the pieces are beautiful and really interesting. The story behind Ivuka Arts is very special as it has helped and continues to support talented young Rwandan artists. I visited Ivuka Arts twice whilst staying in Kigali. I loved spending time there being mesmerised by the exciting art on display and reading the artists stories. Meeting Charles was a joy! I would definitely recommend popping by Ivuka Arts, a visit will be sure to open your eye to the artistic talent Rwanda offers. Best Wishes to Ivuka Arts, I hope to return in the future and am excited to follow your amazing progress!

Visited August 2013