“Beautiful hotel in close proximity to everything”
Review of Flame Tree Village

Flame Tree Village
Ranked #10 of 128 Kigali B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights and it was a wonderful location. I stayed in a suite (more like a villa) with 2 other people and it was very clean, spacious and luxurious. The hotel is perfectly located at the top of a hill so we had a scenic view of the city from our room. I loved this hotel and would recommend it to anyone without a second thought. It was nicely decorated with Rwandan art and if we did not have so many sights to see, I would have just loved to lounge in the hotel. Also, food is pretty good!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank rs07232014e
There are newer reviews for Flame Tree Village

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My childhood friends came to visit Rwanda for the first time. In my excitement I wanted to make their trip the best experience ever. Guess What???Flame tree Village warmed their heart and made their stay awesome! We got a luxury suite for us. It was beautifully decorated with traditional art-craft and above everything it was amazingly clean and spacious.
Ohhh the garden it is just magically covered with colorful flowers and the bar outside near the swimming-pool validates your staying as the best choice you ever made.
It is ideally located for travelers who wants to visit the city. Some say that Rwanda is the heart of Africa, I also say Flame Tree Village is the heart of Kigali.

Thank you for this peace and love moment.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed here for one night as my booked hotel had made an error. I was surprised at the suze of the room, more like a small villa with lounge and kitchen upstairs and bedroom and bathroom downstairs.
The rooms were clean and well looked after, the only downside was no air conditioning!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim B
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed here for two nights book ending a trip to visit the mountain gorillas. The hotel is in the quiet, more recently developed part of time. Rooms, or I should really say "villas," are spacious with an upstairs and downstairs, 1.5 bath, kitchenette, sitting room, and balcony. Service bent over backwards to make sure we had a great stay, including getting up at 4am to make us a special "to go" breakfast complete with coffee to carry with us before we flew to Tanzania. There are several restaurants within a 12-minute walk and the area felt very safe after dark.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank hodgiebaby
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We went to this place very recently, still in the not so busy part of the tourist season, it surpassed any of our expectations. The little houses which serve as 2 people guest residences were exquisite with a top floor and a downstairs floor. Since we had two such little houses, you could see that each one was decorated a little differently but very classy!

The hotel reception and hotel manager did as much as possible to make sure we had a pleasant stay. If we had any sort of request he would see to it that all would be arranged. He let us stay until 9pm the next day free of charge so we were able to enjoy our last day before flying back (We were practically the only guests, so this might be more difficult during their busy season).The food was the best part, excellent chef and huge quantities of food.

Some minor weak points :
- I am a vegetarian and even though they asked me what I could eat, they didn't prepare anything special in particular. However, when I pointed this out to the hotel manager he informed his chef who the next day made an excellent vegetarian spaghetti (among other dishes) for me.

- The pool is kind of smallish but still sufficiently large for a little swim

All in all, I would highly recommend this place, great stuff and excellent after a long trip in Rwanda and when your in need of a day's rest before flying back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Koen B
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This was an oasis just outside the inner city area. The rooms were huge, lounge, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and 2 toilets. A large balcony and a courtyard, shame we didn't have a bit longer here. We travelled with friends and felt like we were the only people staying. They made up a huge table outside for us for dinner on the lawn, the food was excellent, they simply asked us what we wanted, we said vegetable samosas followed by grilled fish and salad followed by ice cream, took a deep breath and waited for the answer. Answer was "no problem". We were impressed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank worktotravel010
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Very nice settings in the heart of Kigali.
Easy access to down town and Airport.
I will recommend this facility to travelers coming to Kigali for tourism and business trips.
This is ideal for Couples and Honeymooners due to it's privacy.
Very good and tasty Barbecue, nice terrace and Swiming pool.
Good value for money.