Inside Afrika Boutique Hotel
$234
$97
$76
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I arrived late at night my first time in Africa to be taken to another hotel as my reservation had not been honored. Also worth noting is that I was told that my taxi to Ruhengeri would be 400.00. I knew from a friend to pay 100 dollars max for a small car. I really wanted to stay here so I could wake up my first day and take a swim but I did get a good night sleep and had a wonderful dinner and breakfast at Gorilla Hotel. Gorilla is not updated but it's really friendly and has a lively scene in the open air restaurant.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 30, 2012

this place is really nice. the room is very big and the pool nice and clean. breakfast is a bit poor....
the decoration is very african. the personal we found was a bit indifferent, but pleasant.
there is a restaurant next door which should be good (we haven't tried it).
little things do not function....(like door locks etc), but this is rwanda.
you can hardly find anything similar in kigali for that amount of money.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank itzibitzi
Reviewed May 6, 2012

a very poor hotel, the location is fine, but zthe prices and the service are very poor
the breakfast is stupid and poor

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2012

As other travellers have testified, this new boutique hotel is a gem in Kigali. It is well located in Kiyovu, has an excellent view over the city, employs helpful and attentive staff and is reasonably priced for the facilities available, which include a small pool. It only provides breakfast, which is fine; and there is a range of good restaurants within walking distance. My one issue is that despite being so new, some of the fittings seem to be falling apart already. I had to change rooms as the entry-door wouldn't lock properly, the bathroom fittings were poorly installed, the shower flooded the floor, the light switch had already fallen off and the wardrobe doors didn't fit properly. Get a maintenance man in to fix them and buy better quality fittings next time!

Room Tip: Rooms not looking directly on to the pool will give you more privacy
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank leonetraveller
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I had booked inside-africa before going on my gorilla trek in Ruhengeri and the manager had been very helpful and provided me with a driver for the duration of my time in Rwanda. However, when i got back to Kigalia, I was informed by my guide that there was no space from me at the hotel as a guest was not well and had not checked out as planned. Instead, i was put in a characterless and really rather awful hotel called Nobilis. Was very disappointed and told the manager of Inside Africa. I obviously can’t comment on inside Africa itself as i never got to stay there, but for any prospective clients, just be warned as to their booking policies!

Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo