“Asian fusian”

Zen
Ranked #21 of 196 Restaurants in Kigali
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: It is a big place with natural view spacious n peace full place ,we serve Chinese,japanese,thai,indian cuisine,we try to serve best quality n tasty food with great ambiance,so come with ur family and friends to have good time.
Reviewed May 16, 2019 via mobile

Some friends had raved about Zen but I was a bit disappointed. For sure, it's a beautiful setting with a large open space, views over Kigali and grass roof. However considering it was almost empty I ended up squashed by a pillar!! I had a Thai green curry, a favourite dish of mine, and it was a "green curry" but not one I would recognise. It was nice enough and I enjoyed it but I wouldn't order it again. Definitely fusion food, not Chinese, Japanese or SE Asian. I think the meat eaters fared better. For authentic Chinese (or Japanese) food there are better places in Kigali I think.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

If I compare with my last visit, some six months ago, when I ordered sushi which didn't appear fresh, the starter today, beef dumplings were good. But the green curry was more salt and no spice. I'm afraid this isn't good enough. Maybe choosing the wrong items....

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank stephenbR6011JL
Reviewed January 7, 2019

Certainly Zen is a master and the Asian experience. The food is wonderful, fresh, well presented, and the staff are very helpful and friendly. If you would like a great authentic experience then this is the choice.

Date of visit: March 2018
2  Thank Ralph D
Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere is very nice. Great service and great food. Great pricing. If you feel like some East Asian cuisine when you’re in Kigali. This is the place.

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank PentaK
Reviewed September 20, 2018

But the food here is afro-asian. Unlike a spot like Sakae - they have simplified the flavors in the prepared food to make it appealing (perhaps to Rwandans like me?) - how about a bit more punch?!

Date of visit: August 2018