“Upcoming trip, but trip planning has been very easy”

Wildlife Tours Rwanda
More attraction details
Owner description: Wildlife tours - Rwanda is a Professional Inbound Tour company; specializing in high quality tours that incorporate pro-poor tourism, responsible tourism and ecotourism approaches in the development, operation and management of all our packages. In addition, we organize cultural and community-based tours within Rwanda and other countries. In the year 2009, 2010 and 2011; 88.6% revenues went to local communities as direct benefits. Besides that, 12 local guides were trained and employed by the company on short and long term contracts; schools, dispensaries, child-headed homes, widows of genocide, reformed perpetrators of genocides also benefited.Through Community-based tours; women empowerment has been achieved and also encouraged innovations, creativity and entrepreneurship amongst the local community groups receiving tourists. Because of incomes generated from tourism in all community-based tourism activities, this reduced conflicts within many homes in villages where we operate.Our tours support conservation as our motto says, "conserve through eco-tourism" The Dream of the company is to see majority of Rwandans benefit from tourism through employment, capacity building and empowering local communities to improve their livelihood, alleviate poverty and strengthen unity among Rwandans. At the same time, we strive to build strong lasting relationships with all our clients and partners. We allocate over 50% of the company profits for community development.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We are slated to go trekking this weekend, but as we spent considerable time researching companies--and had to plan and confirm our trip mere weeks before our desired weekend--it was important that we found a good, reputable tour company. Having found one that we're happy with, I figured I'd share it with any other would-be trekkers.

African Jungle Adventures Ltd. is based in Uganda and Rwanda, and we worked with Steve and Paul to plan our 4-day itinerary. We reached out to a number of tour companies, and really appreciated that they were so responsive, especially given the short timeframe we had to work with. They were also flexible on the itinerary, allowing us to modify the boilerplate plan to our liking. Lastly, and this was hugely helpful, they were VERY flexible when my wife got sick and threw our plans in limbo, working closely with us to sort it all out (which we did).

I'll follow up with what I hope and expect to be a fantastic time seeing these amazing creatures, but at least for now I thought I'd share our positive experience with this tour company, since there are quite a few to choose from and we would have benefited from a similar post when we were first looking :)

2  Thank R E
Jungleman_12, Manager at Wildlife Tours Rwanda, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2015

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We travelled with African Adventures based in Uganda. William met us at Kigali airport and drove us to Gorilla Mountain View Hotel where we spent two nights. Our stay here was very comfortable but the only complaint we would havce is that we arrived just as the electricity was turned off for the night and our bed was very damp! Luckily the following night we had a lovey fire in our room and hot water bottle in our bed, pity it wasn't there when we arrived!William looked after us the whole time, helping us exchange money, taking us to view points and accommodating my photography requests happily. He made sure we visited a lovely gorilla group which was a fantastic experience and one we shall never forget.
William drove us back to Kigali and before leaving us at the Hotel Milles des Collines he took us to lunch in a typical Kigali retaurant which again was a very pleasant memorable event. I would certainly recommend this company and dear William. Our hotel in Kigali was a perfect place to relax before going on to safari in Tanzania.

3  Thank Zoe M

Reviewed July 2, 2012

My son and I spent 3 days with Mugisha in Rwanda. What an amazing guy! Being a local Mugisha
has an unbelievable depth of knowledge on everything from th gorillas to the genocide, street kids and orphanages. He shares information in the manner of a close friend, easy to talk to and great to spend time with. Mugisha genuinely cares about you getting the best out of your experience and he bends over backwards to make it happen. Thanks Mugisha for making our trip wonderful and the experience on my 50th birthday one I will never forget

4  Thank Ozzietravels09

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I spent 5 great days with Mugisha Davidson of Wildlife Tours Rwanda. He went out of his way to ensure I had a very enjoyable and interesting experience. He has a very wide network of people to call upon to ensure that I had a great experience. The gorillas were amazing and the community visits and street kids refuges visits were very rewarding. Visiting the Kigali Genocide Memorial Centre was very moving and emotional. I found Rwanda to be very, very safe, clean and green. The people are very friendly and welcoming. Plastic shopping bags are not allowed and there is a monthly clean-up day.
There is much community work in Rwanda and Mugisha is a driving force in this, helping communities and street kids through his business. He also supports ecological projects.
Besides personally accompanying me for 5 days he invited me to dinner to meet his lovely wife and two boys. I can highly recommend Mugisha's tour company and hope others will support him in his endeavors to rebuild his country.

3  Thank John_NG_H

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I just went to Akagera today with 3 friends and we had a really wonderful time with this tour company. He picked us up at the main road near my house in Musha Sector and drove us to the park. Our driver (david) knew the names of every flower and animal we asked about and also offered up interesting facts. He was patient while we took loads of pictures and got on really well with the kids! He even drove us back to our house despite the terrible dirt road that I live down.

3  Thank tristenMusha

We are just learning how to respond to reviews
Through clients like you; we are able to empower ourselves and many other people to get out extreme poverty. Your reviews help us improve our services and energizes us to do more...!