Lemigo Hotel
$173
$168
Park Inn
$65
All reviewsclose to the airportbusiness tripbuffet breakfastconvention centerrestaurant staffrooms are spaciousgorilla trekvery nice hotelgymchineseconferenceinternetcapitalproximitysecuritysupermarketafrica
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I found the Lemigo to be a surprisingly modern and nice setup in Kigali. The bed was comfortable, service and food very good, and the location just right. The room was big, the only drawback was a narrow and awkward shower.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank futisaba
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is a poorly designed and poorly managed hotel. Travelers would be well advised to stay elsewhere.

We stayed here on Christmas night after a series of flights from Tanzania. Upon check in, everything seemed fine. The room was very basic but acceptable until I went to take a shower and realized there was no hot water. I called the front desk who said they would send someone to look at it. Maintenance came and left with little explanation of what the problem was or how it would be corrected. 30 minutes later, I called the front desk again and was asked "Didn't maintenance come?" I explained the situation - that maintenance had come but the problem persisted. The front desk assured me that they would correct the problem. After several more minutes, the problem wasn't fixed and I went up to the front desk and asked for another room. This request sparked a heated argument between the hotel staff - I don't speak the language but voices were raised and tempers were quickly flaring. I was told someone would be by to move us to another room. Alas, however, that never happened until I made another trip the front desk. Finally, we moved to another room two hours after we had originally checked in.

The new room was sub-par. The floor tiles were cracked and chipped. The drapes did not fit the window. The shower leaked badly and was not properly secured to the wall. We had to be very careful showering to ensure we did not rupture a pipe. There was calk and other evidence of maintenance attempts on the room gone awry. The bathroom was pathetically small - I have been on cruise ships with bigger bathrooms. Nonetheless, I finally had hot water. What we did not have was toilet paper or bottled water for brushing teeth. My stay at the Lemigo reminded me of a Seinfield episode - Not a square to spare at the Lemigo. We ended up getting bottled water from the restaurant at an additional charge.

The restaurant itself was sub-par. Poor food, slow service, orders misfiled, unhelpful waitstaff, etc.

The design of the hotel is also poor. Rooms are situated around the pool, restaurant and bars and the inside rooms overlook all of this. This creates constant noise and makes it impossible to get much rest. The noise and commotion also spills into the outside rooms via the maze of stairways and hallways that aren't always connected and which make little sense without a road map.

Rwanda and Kigali are quickly developing and are doing a good job in this regard. I've got to believe there are superior options than the Lemigo hotel. I will not stay here again and would advise others to avoid this property.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank adventurel0ver
Public R, General Manager at Lemigo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2015

We take note of your experience at our hotel. We sincerely apologize that this is not how we conduct business here and we are sorry that you did not get our usual good service as expected.

We have so far addressed all the preventive maintenance issues, liaised with all relevant hotel departments to avert such problems in future. For your comfort, whenever you or any of your friends plan to stay at Lemigo Hotel, Please note that we have better rooms at your disposal: Executive Rooms, Junior Suites, Executive Suites and Presidential Suite.

Better still, we are just about to complete a new hotel extension by 2016 to anticipate all your needs, you would expect to find in a fine Hotel. We have : Authentic Indian and Chinese foods, Mongolia foods, Nyama Choma ( Barbeque) , African foods at your request and even as we speak to you now, slow service is a thing of the past! We have a live band to keep your thoroughly entertained.

Should you plan to come to Lemigo Hotel and are not satisfied with our service, Please contact our Manager on Duty or even our General Manager if you are completely dissatisfied with any of our services. We look forward to better times and I would personally like to invite you or your friends for a drink or over a meal whenever you are here in Rwanda.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed a few days, doing business. The hotel looks very good and has a good swimming pool and a gym, so if your are the sports type who wants to keep fit, this is not bad. The gym just needs to repair the noisy treadmills. The room was spacious but the furniture and other amenities were not the best. conditioning was noisy and the door to the "veranda" was not working. What I did not appreciate at all was the restaurant: slow service, the food is not great, breakfast could be better.

Room Tip: Higher floors and facing the interior should be better.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The hotel has average infrastructure, good welcoming ethos and pleasant helpful staff who can out perform with a little more training. The buffet breakfast gets boring each day as the menu remains the same and not much of a choice.
The cost is high for the level of service and offering but it sure has pleasant staff to compensate.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is a hotel that can best be described as being average and which is trying to provide a service for which its staff is not appropriately trained. Service at the bar and restaurant are generally poor and although the manager tries his best to sort things out , the results often remain disappointing. A fried egg took well over 30 minutes to arrive after several requests. In short try and eat elsewhere in Kigali and you can be assured of a better deal . The check-in is efficient , but check out is a mess - fumbling with calculators, conversions , scraps of paper ,and the final documentation is somewhat opaque. The rooms are clean and housekeeping is reasonable. It offers good conferencing facilities .If you are looking for a hotel that is in close proximity to the airport ( a 10 minute ride ) , this is possibly not a bad option.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business