“Friendly and helpful staff!”
Review of Lemigo Hotel

Lemigo Hotel
Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Kigali
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at Lemigo hotel whilst attending a conference. As a wheelchair user, the hotel was not great for access, however, the staff were always willing to help. The room I slept in was spacious and comfortable although rather dim lighting. The food in the restaurant was rather pricey though.

Overall, I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to friends!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank paulic72

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I will agree with other reviewers that the Lemigo is not a "conventional" four star hotel, but then I think its fair to say that in Kigali one has to be flexible and open minded in judging a hotel that tries to cater to clientele that are accustomed to upscale/business lodgings. The hotel and its grounds are not spectacular or breathtaking, but the hotel does seem very secure and I am sure given its proximity to Parliament, the airport, and government buildings that the clientele is quite varied and is more interested in location than being surrounded by a plethora of creature comforts.

My first impression was that the hotel was not near much urban life. It turns out the quiet ambience of the hotel in an asset as I found the hotel to be quiet and almost sleepy at times. The staff were excellent and very attentive to my needs from check-in to check-out. The room was plenty large and though of course it was not decorated to the tightly coordinated standards of a "conventional/big name" four star hotel, the room was spacious, comfortable, and with the pleasant temperatures prevailing outside the use of the air conditioner was not even necessary. I found the wifi signal to be fine for all uses (i did not stream any video for the sake of disclosure). Nor did I ever use the TV, so I can't attest to the range of offerings available. But given the room's main purpose of enabling sleep and rest, I was very content and I received a good night's rest. The bathroom was a bit spartan and dark, but on cue there was hot water.

My party did not eat at the hotel, but the front desk was able to easily find us a nearby restaurant and accompanying reservation. Afterwards, a few of us had beers at the terrace bar whilst enjoying the cool evening air. The wait staff were patient and very polite.

I didn't use the hotel's gym, but I popped in to take a look and the facilities looked adequate for getting a workout in. There was a decent mix of older cardio equipment with some free weights mixed in as well too. Only complaint was the gym area was a bit dark as it's on the ground floor and there is a lack of natural sunlight available. The pool was too chilly for my threshold of comfort. When warmer weather prevails there is a swim-up bar so a cool Tusker can be enjoyed while relaxing in the pool.

For exercise I took a leisurely walk from the hotel up to the main road and then I walked down Embassy Row to large traffic intersection in front of the US Embassy. Along the way, I passed some small grocery shops and a few restaurants. The area struck me as very safe and secure given the amount of offices of NGOs and government offices in the vicinity. I'd recommend getting out of the hotel for exercise and for some nice vista views of the surrounding urban area and hills.

I would definitely return to the Lemigo again. The hospitality was genuine and caring. The hotel was very clean and orderly and I warmed up to the locale after taking a little time to explore the area on foot.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank RegionalRoadie
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I lodged in this hotel the first week of December 2012 and stayed for two weeks. I checked in around 3am local time and the staff were on hand to give a quick check-in. They were very courteous, friendly and helpful in my quest to recover my lost ipad in the plane. The hotel was very secured and service was excellent. The internet was down when I came in but was restored before I came back from business activities on my first day and was up till I left. The rooms were spacious enough for two occupants and access card controlled. There was also over-head mosquito netting to guard against insect bites. There is no doubt that the hotel met the expectations of many judging by the number of guests I noticed arriving on daily basis during my stay there. The only area I observed for further enhancement was the Fitness Centre.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Not a spectacular hotel by any standards it however provides all one needs in terms of rooms, wireless internet, assistance by staff and access to the key areas of the city.
I stayed for a week recently to cover the Pan African Dance Festival FESPAD 2013 and within a day had the staff fussing over me - a clear sign how they respond to a friendly smile, a few well meant warm words, appreciating their efforts and complementing them, hairstyles included.
The reception staff are ever ready to help - as also witnessed with other guests and in particular the Qatar Airways crews staying at the Lemigo for their night stop.
The food is plenty, and while not in the running for Michelin stars, is wholesome and varied, even after eating there for a week.
Sitting indoors or on the terrace overlooking the pool area, the pleasant weather in Kigali makes both options viable, unless it rains that is.
The Lemigo was during the last rating exercise by the Rwanda Development Board given 4 stars, perhaps a shade on the high side in international comparison but for local circumstances quite deserved. Pool, gym, spa are available for guests free of cost though treatments like massage need to be paid extra.
All in all, a perfectly good 'utility' hotel, near parliament, near the main stadium and not too far from the international airport. Will I come back? YES.

Room Tip: For those seeking a bit of quiet at night, perhaps the rooms NOT facing the pool would be a better c...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Safariafficionado
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed at the LeMigo Hotel as part of a gorilla-tracking package with Let’s Go Travel. This is a wonderful hotel located in the government section in Kigali across the street from the Parliament Building and next to the Rwanda Supreme Court. There is not much around the hotel other then government buildings, but there are a couple of banks with ATMs within walking distance. The LeMigo Hotel must one of the nicest hotels in Kigali and a great place to stay if you have been staying in some “rougher” places. It is a great break. The reception area is very nice and leads to a pool area with nice sitting and lounging areas surrounding it. There is a free Health Club with exercise equipment, a sauna and a steam bath.

The rooms are as good as you would expect from an up-scale hotel with all the amenities and very good toilet and shower facilities. They had excellent wireless connections in the reception and bar as well as wire in the rooms. The staff was very friendly, efficient and attentive. The reception desk staff was particularly helpful. The made several phone calls for me when I was trying to arrange some air flights. They were very patient and did not charge me for the calls. I high recommend the LeMigo Hotel if you are looking for a nice place to stay in Kigali. It ain’t cheap, but you do get your monies worth.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed here for a week while attending a conference at the hotel.

Rooms were adequate, service was okay, decent internet connection, restaurant and bar were fine.

Not spectacular but not bad either.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a conference and it was a great experience. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and the conference facilities were great. Recommend hosting your conference here. However, it was far away from the city center and attractions.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business