“Buffet in a relatively nice restaurant ”
Review of Chez Robert

Chez Robert
Ranked #43 of 201 Restaurants in Kigali
Cuisines: African, French
Reviewed February 15, 2019 via mobile

The restaurant has inside and outside dining . It has an a la carte menu of local and international dishes. It also has a buffet of mostly local food.
Moderately price.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed December 15, 2018 via mobile

Hi I want to be Frank, I have been in Rwanda for 7 days, the food was not up to my standards I got sick, I think the only place I could eat was at Chez Robert, quite good food and nice ambience. There is WiFi,and indoor and outside seating.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 14, 2018

We – a group of four – ate here for dinner tonight.

There are indoor and outdoor seating areas – outdoors with a good number of mosquitoes and not all that appealing. They have a large, pretty good dinner buffet and also options a la carte, although when we were there many basic a la carte dishes were unavailable (ex: pasta with tomatoes and zucchini). There was only one red and one white wine – we took the red, which was medium priced and low quality but drinkable. Conversely, they had a lot of beers (despite its French name, the place seems to cater more to the local population). While prices were reasonable there are a lot of better places to eat in the neighborhood.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

We told our tour guide we wanted to try local food, and he took us here for lunch. They had an enormous buffet with salads, soups, fruit and plenty of meats and vegetables. The food was very good, and the service was warm and friendly. And the price was extremely reasonable. Recommended

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 19, 2018

We had dinner here, but I believe the buffet is very popular at lunch. all the food is local dishes and freshly cooked meat and vegetables (not a brochette in sight!). There is delicious soup and also some western style salad which I wouldn't bother with. selection of fruits and pancakes to finish. They do a la carte as well but with an all you can eat buffet I don't see why you would. Extremely reasonable price and great service too!

Date of visit: September 2018