“One of the best places in Kigali”
Review of New Cactus

New Cactus
Ranked #16 of 145 Restaurants in Kigali
Cuisines: French, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: tel, info: 572 572
Reviewed September 7, 2013

New cactus is one of the restaurants I have been enjoying the most in Kigali. Food is really good. Fish is well done with good sauce and different good opportunities for vegetables/rice/different potato-ish stuff. The tomato soup is excellent and the vegetarian starters I have had have all been great. Setting is nice and I find the staff attentive. It takes some time for the food to arrive so don't be in a hurry when you go here. The only bad thing is that it is allowed to smoke in the one part of the restaurant, which is not really seperated from the other.

There are newer reviews for New Cactus

Reviewed August 24, 2013

This restaurant with a French menu (plus pizza) has a great location and a nice décor, but I am not so convinced of the food. The pizza is good (though not the best I had in Rwanda), but the mushroom soup and the Mexican salad were a disappointment. The soup tasted like it was ready-made and the salad dressing was far too sour (and I like it sour) and the tomatoes were tasteless (Though, I have to admit that is the case with most tomatoes I had in Rwanda). It is not an easy restaurant, who likes to eat light and vegetarian since it is French (i.e. very meat and fish based). The service was attentive, but the waiter got a little overwhelmed when the restuarant got crowded. Prices were normal for this category of restaurants in Kigali.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This restaurant had nice atmosphere and good service. The location is also quite easy to find. I had a Pizza which I enjoyed.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The view was nice and the food was good. The portions were a good size. The service was a little slow. I would come here with friends and expect to chat for a long time before we were served.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

You can't expect good service anywhere in Rwanda ... The staff are friendly with good attitude but I guess the culture of being slow and the lack of training makes the service bad ... The food is better than Serena ... Over all not bad

2  Thank 77Alchemist77