“Spacious rooms, average service”

Top Tower Hotel Kigali
Ranked #37 of 48 Hotels in Kigali
Nairobi
“Spacious rooms, average service”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Was in Top Tower a week ago. The rooms are large and spacious and the food is good though the menu seems constant.
On the other side, we waited for almost an hour to be picked at the airport and on one of the days, I had to ask for my room to be cleaned after I realised it was almost 6pm and the room had not been cleaned despite my being away for the whole day attending a meeting.

Its a good hotel but they need to seriously improve their services if they are serious about staying in business. For the wireless, it is good though can at times be very slow.

Alex

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed there from 24th April till 27th April 2012 , decent hotel with only casino is Kigali brilliant bar on the Top floor which gives you nice views of the city . As Kigali is expensive for the Hotel stayed in the Top Tower Executive room on 7th Floor service good be better free internet ok speed . But they got my reservation mixed up even after booking one month in advance was given a lower category room at check in. But very bad breakfast and showers were also a problem

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gcheema2008
Brighouse, UK
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I booked my stay at the Top Tower Hotel well in advance via Expedia. Because of this I was given a good deal for a tower prestige room, the best sort of room they had. $120 per night.

The complimentary airport shuttle picked me up exactly on time and I arrived, checked in, and was taken to me room. it didn't look very prestige, I thought, but was okay. I went for a meal in the hotel restaurant and was the only person there. Even so, the staff were courteous and they food was good.

The next day, I decided tocheck what a prestige room actually looked like becuase I suspected I had not been given one. Using the hotel's free wi-fi, I looked at what the Prestige Rooms should have looked like and saw immediately that my room wasn't like that. I had been been given a standard room, which I could have booked for $80er night. I went down to reception and explained my case. The young woman behind the desk at first tried to fob me off by saying I as in a Prestige Room. I quickly proved to her that I wasn't. The Prestige Rooms were located on the topmfloors of the hotel, my room was only half way up. secondly. The Prestige Rooms had two panormanic windowsnm but my room had only a single window. The girl finally accepted I was not in a Prestige Room.

Next, she changed tactics. She claimed that the price I had paid on Expedia was in actual fact the price forma standard room. by this point I was getting a little heaed and told her I would not accept that. Eventually she made a phone call and announced that a Prestige Room was available for my one remajning night and did I want to pack and move rooms?

I asked if it was possible for me to remain in the stadard room but be reimbursed. The answer was no.

In the end, I soly stayed put in the room I had been given.

And for this reason, I would not stay in this hotel ever again and would advise others to think carefully about staying there. In hindsight, I should have paif a little extra and stayed in the Des Millies Collines, right in the centre.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank cessna1520

Travelers are raving about these Kigali hotels

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Large lobby. The casino is the best looking part of this hotel The rooms are large but pretty basic and drabby. Towels look like they could use a change. Not enough lighting in the rooms and could use a bit of dusting. Check-in took us almost an hour because the woman at the counter kept getting distracted by other people asking questions. The rest of the staff were pretty friendly and helpful. There was one particular person who was great, unfortunately I did not get his name. He picked us up at the airport, waited for us to get checked in and then brought our bags up to the room. The food at the restaurant was okay, but just like the rooms it was a bit stark and could really use a makeover. Very slow elevator. Free WiFi was available, so that was a big plus.
This is considered a luxury hotel in Kigali. I don't want to see what is considered not luxury here. It's okay for a night of sleep. Other than that, there are not many amenities.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Spokane, WA, USA
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past two years, each trip being two weeks long. The hotel has a beautiful lobby and adequate rooms. I can say that the service definitely improved during my April 2011 trip. The new manager, Klaus, has made some definite changes in the quality of service. The staff is always friendly and helpful and went out of their way to help our large group as much as possible. My only complaints with this hotel would be that the showers and air conditioning instructions are in Chinese and difficult to follow. Would recommend this hotel for business travelers.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Hampshire
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I stayed at the Top Tower hotel for two weeks in January. The Hotel is clean, the rooms comfortable, although the chinese instructions on everything take a bit of getting used to. The reason I say purely a business hotel is that there are no amenities, no grounds, no pool or gym.
It's location is good, The only real complaint I had was the lift was out of order for 4 days, so trekking up and down the stairs replaced the need for a gym!!

Room Tip: Don't have a room on the 7th floor - it's directly under the "panoramic bar" and v...