“Gorgeous spot for coffee and food”
Review of Shokola

Shokola
Ranked #23 of 212 Restaurants in Kigali
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: More than just a coffee shop
Reviewed December 20, 2017

During a brief visit to Kigali I managed to visit this lovely rooftop café. The smoothies are phenomenally good. I would highly recommend the tropical one and the peanut butter, chocolate and banana one. I had a chicken salad which was delicious but everyone in our group seemed to really enjoyed whatever they ordered. I would definitely recommend dropping in for drink and a bit of food if possible.

Date of visit: November 2017
Write a reviewReviews (165)

Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant it all. Location is across from the US Embassy. The fourth floor of the kigali library with super fast internet.
Constant breeze and good customer care.
I always get the Moroccan Harria Soup with chicken. Excellent.
The bruschetta is delicious and great for sharing.
Lovely space to spend the afternoon catching up on emails and facebook posts.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 9, 2017

I discovered this place when i was looking for wifi; I was at Kigali Public Library and felt thirsty then i moved in and ordered a coffee and it was really amazing! This place is fine and everything there is attractive. I recommend.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed September 27, 2017

And food prices are bit too much. I don't know why a cup of coffee costs more than the ones in the 5-Star hotels in Kigali. It'd be great if this place and upgrade internet connection and reconsider the prices so that the place will be truly comfortable place to stay.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

This is my favorite spot in all of Kigali! The ambiance is airy, relaxed, and cozy. The balcony seats provide a remarkable view of Kigali while the inside seating surrounds you with books and artwork. I read, sipped on delicious, freshly made hot tea, and enjoyed a delicious, healthy lunch. I felt pampered by the warm, welcoming hospitality of the servers. Jonathan is the best! I could live here!

Date of visit: September 2017