“My Favorite Spot in Kigali”
Review of Shokola

Shokola
Ranked #23 of 212 Restaurants in Kigali
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: More than just a coffee shop
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

This is my favorite spot in all of Kigali! The ambiance is airy, relaxed, and cozy. The balcony seats provide a remarkable view of Kigali while the inside seating surrounds you with books and artwork. I read, sipped on delicious, freshly made hot tea, and enjoyed a delicious, healthy lunch. I felt pampered by the warm, welcoming hospitality of the servers. Jonathan is the best! I could live here!

Date of visit: September 2017
Write a reviewReviews (165)

Reviewed August 13, 2017

I stayed for over a month in Kigali, and this was definitely my favorite spot.
To be honest, I think I came here every single day of my stay in the city.
As for me it was an ideal place to work on my paper, quiet en cozy.
The food is very light, but delicious. I can recommend the passion fruit juice, the harira soup and the veggie quesadilla. I had it almost every day for lunch and was never bored of it!
A special thanks goes to the amazing staff! I have never encountered such a friendly and helpful people! They made me feel like home.
I will definitely go there again, hopefully in a near future.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Very relaxing environment with a great view of Kacyiru. Many book available to read while you wait.
There's very little to choose from in terms of menu options but there are decent dishes available. Unfortunately there's No alcohol served here and we had to wait over 45 minutes to get our drinks.
Overall a good afternoon out

Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

Our group of nine arrived here for lunch and were served with drinks of our choice and were given some guacamoles and chips to snack on while we waited for our food.

When the meals arrived, they were well done, tasted fresh and worth every RWF spent.

The view of the city from their rooftop location was also amazing!

Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

My friend and I visited the location on top of the Kigali Public Library and very much enjoyed our experience. The location was quiet and modern, with great views and fresh juices. We didn't try the food, but it looked delicious. A great place for lunch or coffee.